X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me to chose the right pickups :)

Hello Seymour Duncan Community!

My name is Angelo and recently I decided to upgrade my guitar by all means

The first thing I discovered and the reason why I decided to upgrade all at the end is the Seymour Duncan Pickups

So here is the vision of my setup

I'm planning to mix up pickups to customize my sound as I like

so the first pickups I found were the Jimi Hendrix Sig. from SD, I'm a big fan of Hendrix so I have to have this one, so I'm planning to install this one on the Neck, cause I really liked the Hendrix sound bassy on the neck, keep in mind that I haven't bought it yet

Next to continue in order; The Middle Pickup; This one I already bought it so this one is the Texas Special American by Fender, I really like the output and the sound! And good thing I bought this one RW/RP!

So to finish in the Bridge Pickup I hesitate between a Hot YJM Fury SD or a SSL-5, I'm just worried that the YJM Fury would be to hot and wont mix well with the others , I really want the YJM one
    so is not so much hesitate as to do the right choice

So if you can help me I'd really appreciate it

Thank you so much

Musically

Angelo

welcome to the forum!

the yjm isnt as hot as youd think due to the design of the stacked pup. it should match fine with those other pups. fender and duncan pups are usually out of phase, so be aware of that when you wire things up

Comment

The YJM is clearer sounding than the SSL-5 (or -6), sounding more like a traditional Strat pickup. The SSL-5 has more mids.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The bridge pickup in a strat is so critical. I think I recall the Hendrix bridge is a bit overwound.

Comment

its not. all three hendrix pups are the same wind, mine are all between 5.6k and 5.7k

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            its not. all three hendrix pups are the same wind, mine are all between 5.6k and 5.7k
            How would you compare them to the SSL-1/2?
            Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

SSL1 bridge is 6.5k. More sizzle.

Comment

the hendrix are a little more scooped and the reverse magnet stagger gives it a different thing. the ssl1 is probably a touch louder

Comment

Working...
                X