Wiring Diagram Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Diagram Search

Hey guys... I know this exists and certain I've seen it, but been on Google combing through diagrams and just not finding it.

Looking for a diagram for guitar, 2 singles, 1 Humbucker, 5-way switch, 1 vol, 2 tone, and a mini toggle switch for the humbucker split.

It's that mini switch addition I need help with since I have a vague idea how to connect it... but not really sure.

It's for an old Frankenstein guitar from the early '90s, wiring doesn't work and a few broken solder joints, bit of a mess in there... planning to remove it all, new pots, new wiring... switches are already there so looking to utilize them instead of switching to a push/pull pot.

Also... original pots (tiny, no branding) all look like A500K... would you keep that? or go A500K/B500K/B500K.... or A500K/B250K/B250K... or A500K/A250K/A250K... or some other mix-match?

You basically send one coil to the ground
    Attached Files

Comment

Ah makes sense... 1 coil always active (if 5way selected) and the other is on/off.

I thought all wires for the humbucker would go to the 2way and come out the 2way... so... glad I asked.

I guess for my way to work it would need to have been a 3way switch... bottom on / both on / top on.

Comment

I may post a diagram later for it to confirm....

I'm making a template for guitar wiring with pickups/parts in illustrator because I have a few guitars with "odd" wiring and no diagrams or, really hard to read diagrams.

I wish I new basic programming, would be kinda cool to make a simple computer app with drag/drop parts on a grid for people to use but, I'm a graphic designer not computer programmer, most I can do is the artwork.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianSD View Post
          You basically send one coil to the ground
          What he said, but two options:

1. Use a push-pull or push-push pot Instead of a mini switch.

They're not really that complicated at all once you realize the pot part and the push-pull part are entirely separated electrically. The push-pull part is a separate DPDT switch with two sets of three contacts.. You just wire up the two "middle" wires from your humbucker to a shared single middle lug on one set of three and ground one other from the same set of three to the pot casing.

2. Alternatively use a five-way superswitch to do an auto coil spli in P2 ( bridge and middle together).

That's a bit more complicated but quite do-able. I managed it after all...

Google Seymour Duncan wiring diagrams or guitarelectronics.com and you'll find reliable, well drawn, ready drawn wiring diagrams to follow. If not I will draw one up for you.
          Last edited by ThreeChordWonder; 11-15-2021, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X