Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• basic question/problem

can’t believe i can’t find this diagram and it’s pretty basic:
    putting a duncan str-1 single coil in the neck positon of a semi hollow ibanez artcore using an adapter ring - same 2v/2t/3 way toggle configuration - but for some reason i’m getting no sound out of the neck. i thought i checked all ground connections (re-soldered twice…) but still nothing. is there a diagram for this to make sure? everything i’ve found is 1v/1t.

My first test would be to make sure the neck pickup is working. You can use a meter, or just wire it directly to the output jack to test it.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      My first test would be to make sure the neck pickup is working. You can use a meter, or just wire it directly to the output jack to test it.
      ugh - tried that and still nothing. i need a multimeter anyway for another project so i’ll test it just for my own sanity but i’m pretty sure it’s dead…
      it was purchased on ebay for $40 and upon closer inspection it appears the chrome cover may have been removed at some point and they probably nicked the coil. i don’t know enough to do a clean re-wind and paying for it doesn’t seem feasible + my delay in installing it has put it way past the return date, so i may have to bite the bullet on this one. bummed as i was really looking forward to an attempt at getting that str-1 tele chime in my hollow body.

thanks for the help.

Comment

Well, at least it isn't your wiring. A meter will confirm it, and you will have a cool debugging tool for the future!
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
        X