How to reduce hum from singlecoils?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
    I have one SSS Strat with traditional single-coils. It's fine for at home or playing at church with the worship group. If I was playing it out at bars, clubs, and festivals, those would come right out and noiseless would go in. It's 2021. And the Classic Stack Plus is the best noiseless, IMO.
    I do agree with this. Places I sometimes play are questionably wired. Even studios are noisy. I ain't got time for noise.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeChordWonder View Post
      I saw an interesting idea on YouTube (yeah I know) the other day.

Colin Smith (csguitars) winds his own pickups.

He made a hum canceling "single coil", where he cut the bobbin in two, configured one half as a single coil for the wound strings, and the other half as a RWRP coil for the plain strings, then joined the two coils together electrically and mechanically, producing a kind of twin coil single coil, not unlike a Precision bass's two pickups glued end to end.
      I thik that is kind of the approach of the Duncan Vintage Rails, they sound super nice in the demos but the consensus in this forum is you should better go with the full set to avoid volume mismatch with different pickups. Also the ZexCoil pickups but they take it one step further placing the RWRP on strings 2, 4 and 6 so pole 1+2 are hum canceling, then 3+4 are and finally 5+6, ZexCoil pickups sound more like traditional vintage fenders to me in the demos but I have never played a guitar with them.
      Who took my guitar?

Comment

Working...
      X