PRS SE Custom 24 Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BluesMan335 View Post

I'm a classic rock & blues player, and JB's don't work for me. There are better choices for those genres.
    I agree with this.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Charvel1975 View Post

Does my PRS already have the treble bleed from the factory? I like being able to preserve treble while rolling the volume down and if possible not remove bass for the whole travel of the volume knob.
      Here's the schematic for SE Custom wiring: https://d159anurvk4929.cloudfront.ne...schematics.pdf

No idea if it's treble bleed. Still wrapping my head around treble bleed vs 50s wiring vs modern wiring. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can look at the link and decipher what's going on with it.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
      http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Originally posted by BluesMan335 View Post

I'm a classic rock & blues player, and JB's don't work for me. There are better choices for those genres.
        Yeah, I kinda hijacked and meant more “it might be right for me.”

it’s such a weird pickup the JB. In the se24 for what I’d like (still not 100% sure there) I think it’ll either be the missing link, or a colossal failure.

I don’t think a custom would be such a gamble.

Comment

Stock pickups can be lowered flush with the rings for more clarity. Both can be dialed in to get warm PAF-ish tones and bright spanky tones. The neck pup is a bit middier than the bridge pup. Lots of tones to be had with the guitar volume getting turned down from 10.
          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
          http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Originally posted by Charvel1975 View Post

Right now at our practice spot I'm running it through my 95 Mesa tremoverb head and mesa 2x12 cab that's in my signature into a Behringer powered pedal board with a couple Behringer pedals: delay, tube overdrive and a Tc electronic corona chorus and line 6 g30 wireless and when I first got the prs before my other guitarist lowered the string height, on the Mesa I had to lower the bass control on the Mesa on the red channel to around 9 o clock and increase the treble and presence on the red channel. Amp is running 8 Ohm.
            I ran my S2 through a mesa road king in my 90s band. The best tones were with a Saturday Night Special set. I still run a lot of Mesa profiles on my Kemper, but haven't gigged since covid hit

Comment

We had practice last night and I decided to bring my Partscaster that's in my signature and compared to the PRS the Partscaster caster was more brighter. On the PRS with lowering the pickups do I lower them both to be level with pickup rings first? Is there a method with adjusting the individual pole pieces? I've never done this before
              Charvel Model-5fx EMG 85/SA
              Epiphone Les Paul Custom Korean SD JB/Jazz
              Custom Made Ernie Ball Musicman Copy Dimarzio Super Distortion's
              2019 EVH 5150 III 50 Watt Head 6L6
              1995 Mesa Boogie Tremoverb converted to Head
              Mesa Tremoverb 2x12 cab (factory Vintage 30's) converted to closed back
              Marshall 1960A 4x12 (2 Celestion G12T-75's and 2 WGS Retro 30's X patterned
              Pedaltrain Mini: Currently on pedalboard: ModTone MT-CB Clean Boost, Zoom MS-70CDR, Korg Pitchblack Tuner)

Comment

Working...
              X