Clear All

• Clint 55
    replied
    Lol

Leave a comment:

• Blille
    replied
    Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
    I no want wimpy pickups for jazz. Everyone thinks wimpy is the best.
    I’m going to copy paste this.

Leave a comment:

• Clint 55
    replied
    I no want wimpy pickups for jazz. Everyone thinks wimpy is the best.

Leave a comment:

• Blille
    replied
    You no want scooped hbs?
    Only scoop I like:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• Clint 55
    replied
    You no want scooped hbs?

Leave a comment:

• Blille
    replied
    I saw they resent it today. I’m commenting. Lol.

Leave a comment:

• Gtrjunior
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AdrianSD
    replied
    Originally posted by Blille View Post
    The stereotypical jazz sound is mids heavy, not bass heavy and this is a scooped, bright pickup
    I have a Jazz in my alder body, ebony board, Floyd Rose MIM Jackson Dinky shred stick and I find it anything but scooped, it's definitely pushing more mids than I perhaps wished it did in this guitar and it's not extremely bright. But it does feel scooped in the mahogany LTD, so I totally get where you're coming from. Depends on the guitar it's installed in I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Blille
    replied
    There are guidelines about getting jazz tone, but I'm not aware of any law where it has to be middy like the Seth. I could come up with endless examples of players' tone that could easily be a Jazz with the tone rolled back. The Benedetto has the exact scooped footprint like the Jazz and it has an A5 magnet. The idea that the 'Jazz' pickup can never be used for jazz is pure nonsense!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• Benjy_26
    replied
    Neither of those pickups are my bag, but I'm glad they're working out for you.

Leave a comment:

• Clint 55
    replied
    There are guidelines about getting jazz tone, but I'm not aware of any law where it has to be middy like the Seth. I could come up with endless examples of players' tone that could easily be a Jazz with the tone rolled back. The Benedetto has the exact scooped footprint like the Jazz and it has an A5 magnet. The idea that the 'Jazz' pickup can never be used for jazz is pure nonsense!
    Last edited by Clint 55; 11-24-2021, 03:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Blille
    replied

The fact that there are more suitable pickups for playing jazz doesn't mean the Jazz is somehow not suitable for jazz at all and 100% a rock pickup. Give me a break. It's still more of a jazz pickup than a rock pickup. All you need to play jazz is a bit of bass, and the amount of mid and top is a matter of the player's taste. Plus how do you say a super slick sound is by definition only justifiable in rock? Makes absolutely no sense.
    I’m not giving you a break, Clint. This is the most important issue on the internet right now and it needs to be clear. Fo’ real.

The stereotypical jazz sound is mids heavy, not bass heavy and this is a scooped, bright pickup, so if you were to recommend a SD pickup for jazz and name a pickup after the genre, you would not choose a scooped pickup having things like the Seth Lover or A2Pro available.

So can you play whatever you want with any pickup, sure. You can play jazz with whatever you want. And I played fusion live with a SD Jazz in the neck for ten years on a maple guitar.

But endorsing the Jazz as a jazz pickup is a bad idea IMHO. That said, I don’t really care that much.

Leave a comment:

• Gtrjunior
    replied
    Originally posted by solspirit View Post

Where do I get them?
    Hsb beat me to it. Super easy mod and you can get a mag for only a few bucks.
    I’d recommend a rough cast A2.

Leave a comment:

• Hsb
    replied
    Amazon, Philadelphia Luthier, Ebay to name a few. The ones I bought on Amazon actually came from Phila Luthier

Leave a comment:

• solspirit
    replied
    Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
    Put an A2 in that Jazz.
    Where do I get them?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X