Thoughts on JB/Jazz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
    What would you define the cut off as in hertz for this application between bass and mids?
    I’m gonna go with 250 hz. Did I win something?

Comment

The things that you wanted
      I bought them for you

Comment

Well my point is that bass is essential to a jazz electric guitar tone if you include lower mids up to 500. So maybe we agree if we agree on the definition of bass or mids. However, actual mids which make the sound gritty, between 1 and 4k, I don't think are essential to a jazz tone. If you cut everything below 500 hertz and leave the regular mids, it will sound terrible, while if you cut 1k+ and leave everything below that you have Pat Martino tone.. However, the Jazz isn't scooped in the lower mids above 250 hertz. Bass - meaning all the frequencies that sound bassy are what make a jazz tone, and the amount of mids and highs are to taste. Chirpy chirp isn't the definition of everything.
        Last edited by Clint 55; 11-30-2021, 01:10 AM.
        The things that you wanted
        I bought them for you

Comment

Lol
          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
          http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

I love the Jazz. One of my favorite neck humbuckers.

Do note though that most of my other favorite neck pickups are single coils
            Originally posted by Myaccount876
            Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

Working...
            X