S-Deco mods phase 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S-Deco mods phase 2

This is what i've got 3 years ago for my Mahogany warmothj Rhoads V, with Kramer Striker's neck and Schaller's new Floyd (post patent exaptation)

S-Deco
    Trembucker
    Alnico 5
    Pole Pieces Aged
    Mounting Legs standard short
    Wax Potting
    Output Moderate
    Color - Chrome
    DESCRIPTION:
    low end thump and clarity of a Demon, the midrange push of a PG, and the top end of a 59, 43AWG Plain Enamel wire,14.k

I absolutely love it for how musical it sounds. And how great it is at pick dynamics responsiveness.

But I need it a bit hotter, ideally as hot as Fullshred - but that's impossible from what I understand.

I currently use John Spina modded TS9. To get proper pick harmonics.

Thoughs?

Active Duty Rig:
    MIA Lone Star Strat (HS-Fullshred/Tex-Special neck)
    Warmoth Roads V/Kramer Neck (HS - Custom/Tex-Special neck)

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

john did good stuff!

you could swap magnets to a8 which will give you more but will noticeably change the tone. you could have them wind you a pup with a few hundred more turns, but again, itll change the tone. the output shouldnt be too far off a full shred, do you think its that much lower?

Comment

I always found the step from a A5 pickup to A8 a bit steep, a bit over the hill. I tend to like to substitute ceramic with A8, but that's it.
      If you go out and risk 7 bucks for new magnet, look for a A6. And if you don't like the A6, send it to me. I give you one out of my A8 stash.
      Last edited by hamerfan; 11-24-2021, 08:36 AM.
      I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

I love the S Deco I have in my old Hamer. I don't remember how hot the CS wound mine up (I think mid 12's), but it's a special pickup for sure.

Have you tried the EHX Crayon? It won't change your tone a whole lot (if you leave the EQ controls flat) but it has a lot of clean output available for boosting a signal.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I had one of those many years ago. I remember it being about 9k as I was looking for a hot PAF at the time and decided to give that a go

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            john did good stuff!

you could swap magnets to a8 which will give you more but will noticeably change the tone. you could have them wind you a pup with a few hundred more turns, but again, itll change the tone. the output shouldn't be too far off a full shred, do you think its that much lower?
            Ok, so what would get the pup hotter (specs are above in the first post) and at the same time impact the tone the least ???

A) Few more hundred Turns
            B)A6

Thank you Dudes!!

Active Duty Rig:
            MIA Lone Star Strat (HS-Fullshred/Tex-Special neck)
            Warmoth Roads V/Kramer Neck (HS - Custom/Tex-Special neck)

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

If you just need a bit "more", Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster? More when you need it and you don't need to change a thing
              Jackson Dominion Bourbon Burst-Duncan '59 bridge, Screamin' Demon neck
              Jackson Dominion Wine Drunk-Super Distortion bridge, Custom Custom neck (don't hit me!)
              Dean Chicago Flame V Classic Black-Dimarzio Super Distortion neck & bridge
              Laney, Peavey, Marshall...

Comment

a few hundred more turns ob both coils will soften the high end and bring up the mids while giving a bit more output. a6 is a warmer magnet than a5

Comment

Working...
                X