Vintage neck/hotter mid/beefy bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage neck/hotter mid/beefy bridge

Is there a Duncan option for a middle Strat pickup that would be a little hotter than an SSL-1/2, but lower than a 5/6?

Ideally, I want real singles, non-rw/rp.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
    Is there a Duncan option for a middle Strat pickup that would be a little hotter than an SSL-1/2, but lower than a 5/6?

Ideally, I want real singles, non-rw/rp.
    The unaged Texas Hot should do what you want. It's wound to around 10k and has alnico 2 rods.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Duncan has that, albeit noiseless: STK-S7

Comment

You can put a Surfer Bridge or a Twangbanger in the middle.
        "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

I don't want to crash the party, but i prefer a lower wound pickup in the middle. They make a much better in-between sound. The bridge resp. the neck better stands out and the middle pup scoops out the mids better. I used 5.6k Fender pickup for that.
          Last edited by hamerfan; 11-26-2021, 09:31 AM.
          I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Originally posted by hamerfan View Post
            I don't want to crash the party, but prefer a lower wound pickup in the middle. They make a much better in-between sound. The bridge resp. the neck better stands out and the middle pup scoops out the mids better. I used 5.6k Fender pickup for that.
            Unlike the majority of people on here, I’m not really into the 2 & 4 positions, and I love using the middle by itself. To further be a weirdo, if 1,3,5 aren’t hum cancelling, I don’t want 2 or 4 to be either.

A few years ago, I saw Chris Duarte do a clinic, and he said he uses 3 as is main tone, then goes to 1 or 5 for a smoother or more biting tone. Made a lot of sense, and I started doing the same. The other guy I’m taking a note from is Robin Trower. He uses a 50’s neck, 60’s middle, and Texas Special bridge, and the same sort of approach as Duarte.
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

twangbanger or the surfer or texas hot custom bridge pups. a surfer custom bridge with the ssl1 neck would be a fun setup. i dont live on the middle pup, but i use it alone a lot. lots of strat guys from the 60's and 70's do

Comment

Working...
              X