No announcement yet.

Good match for a Nazgul that isn’t a Sentient

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a good deal on a BW neck on the 'Verb last night. So, I'll see how that goes. If I don't like it, I can just resell it for what I paid and move onto the next. Have some friends telling me to try the Air Norton, so that or the Jazz might be next if the BWn doesn't get me there.

Comment

Come back and let us know how the BW does!
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I was finally allowed to have the Black Winter Neck pup this morning (Christmas gift) and also got a neat little soldering stand as well, so figured I'd swap it into the guitar and see how it panned out.

As suggested above, it pairs very, very well with the Nazgul bridge pickup - so much so that I'm surprised this set isn't an offering from the guitar companies. They almost seem to have been meant to go together.

Volume across both is very well balanced, tone is complimentary between them and the BWn cleans up way, way better than the Nazgul (as to be expected). It sounds good both in a pristine clean to fuzzy brown settings and full-on Soldano gain modes.

In summary, if anyone wants to know about this combination of pickups, it's a definite thumbs up from me.

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Comment

Thank you for the update! That BW neck pickup is like a secret. It is so good.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            Thank you for the update! That BW neck pickup is like a secret. It is so good.
            You're welcome - thanks again for recommending it!

Comment

Working...
            X