Duncan colored bobbins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan colored bobbins

Maybe I missed the memo, but I was looking for some used Duncans on eBay and Reverb. There are no colored bobbins. All black, black and white, or covered. Went to Duncan website, can't order any in any specific color. Are they not doing them? Is it custom shop only? Did people start buying the used ones up because of this? Someone explain the madness. Lol

The goofy colors have always been weird with SD. I believe they’ve always been shop floor customs, and even then, not available in trem spaced.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

They used to be available stock for some models, at least, though I suspect you had to order then through a dealer. I actually won a pink Full Shred humbucker in a SD internet competition a decade or so ago, which ironically has ended up in the SG of a friend who is mostly playing stoner metal. These days I believe they are custom only.

Comment

I just find it weird there are none on eBay or Reverb. No new. No used. There used to be hundreds of listings.

Comment

Any pickup can be ordered with colors, as a Shop floor Custom from an Authorized Dealer.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

So here's a recent bit of an update regarding getting ANY sort of different color bobbins/pickups from Duncan:

Per last I inquired a few weeks ago: they have stopped doing any other color bobnins or covers, for what I'm guessing is due to the aftermath of the pandemic and staffing issues... They told me that they do planning on starting doing colors again in the future, but they will be a Custom Shop ONLY option!!! And as I inquired about getting cream covers for the STK-S2's, they said that they would be starting at $160 per pickup...

I'm sorry, but paying around double the price for a cream cover alone on a stock production model pickup is NOT okay, in ANY degree... I can only guess that any other colored bobbins will be along the same lines & pricing. And if your a 7-string or 8-string player that wants different colored pickups, your basically S.O.L., having to resort to other companies like DiMarzio or Guitarmory pickups for anything other than black and *maybe* white or zebra...

Comment

That explains it. Thank you!!!!! Well, Scooby, looks like another mystery solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Despised View Post
                So here's a recent bit of an update regarding getting ANY sort of different color bobbins/pickups from Duncan:

Per last I inquired a few weeks ago: they have stopped doing any other color bobnins or covers, for what I'm guessing is due to the aftermath of the pandemic and staffing issues... They told me that they do planning on starting doing colors again in the future, but they will be a Custom Shop ONLY option!!! And as I inquired about getting cream covers for the STK-S2's, they said that they would be starting at $160 per pickup...

I'm sorry, but paying around double the price for a cream cover alone on a stock production model pickup is NOT okay, in ANY degree... I can only guess that any other colored bobbins will be along the same lines & pricing. And if your a 7-string or 8-string player that wants different colored pickups, your basically S.O.L., having to resort to other companies like DiMarzio or Guitarmory pickups for anything other than black and *maybe* white or zebra...
                Got a $10 option for you. What color do you want?

Humbucker Stickers Decals for Duncan SH-1n & SH-1b Electric Guitar Pickups. Easy to apply & remove. Super-thin and Removable. The stickers don't damage your guitar or affect the sound quality. No adhesive will be left behind after you peel off the sticker. Dress up your guitars & bass with our inlay stickers!

Not sure they will be a perfect fit since they are for -Seymore- Duncan.

Comment

$160 PER PICKUP for a cream cover?

Oof....
                  Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I just find it weird there are none on eBay or Reverb. No new. No used.
                    Saw a few last night.

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Looking for something in green. Something hot, not looking for Vintage spec.

Comment

Working...
                      X