My present to my girlfriend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My present to my girlfriend

She's been going on Ebay and the Fender website a lot, looking at basses and guitars, so, for some random present, I'm thinking of getting her a bass, our 1 year is in 4 months, so, maybe I'll wait it out till then. She seems to like red and purple bases and guitars, so, I don't know exactly what to get her. Here's wha tI'm thinking:
    Squier Vista Tone Musicmaster in Black with red pickgaurd, SD 51' P-bass Hot and a BadAssII bridge.
    Fender Standard Jazz Bass in Midnight Wine with a black pickguard and a badassIII bridge.
    those are my only two choices.... keep in mind that she's about 5'4" and wieghs 106 pounds.... so, a full size jazz bass would swollow her.
    You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Re: My present to my girlfriend

Go the full size jazz, at least a fender rather than a squier if you can afford it, it'll be more special
    My Soundclick page.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Angus
      Go the full size jazz, at least a fender rather than a squier if you can afford it, it'll be more special
      Sorry if this demeans you or anything, but... do you even know what squier Vistas are? They're uber-nice and super amazing. I think they're even better than the MIM Fenders. But, I'm leaning more towards the Vista, cuase, she would be able to hold it, where as the full size will swallow her, like I said.
      You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Comment

Is the Vista bass kind of like the Bronco Bass in the newer Squier catalog? Looks cool! And i'm sure your girlfriend would appreciate such an awesome gift.

Comment

The ex-bass player for my band was smaller than your girlfriend and she could play a full-size 70s P-Bass, and even a 35" Guiild Pilot no problem (although she was a bit speedier on her 30" EBO). Some of the ultra-short scale Fenders sound a bit murky and uninspired. The SD pickup and the Badass should improve the response on the Musicmaster a bit. Maybe you should randomly wind up at a music store with her and see how she does on various basses.
          Maggot
          Tone Member
          Last edited by Maggot; 05-21-2004, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X