Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Independent Dual Volume Dual Tone

Hello everyone,

I did some searching on here and if the answer is already here, I missed it. Sorry for the repeat if so. Anyway, I have installed two pickups, Neck - JAZZ NECK (SH-2N), Bridge - DUNCAN CUSTOM (SH-5) and used this wiring diagram along with what is at the end to get independent control of the pickups.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2V2TAlternateVol.png
Views:	44
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	6143311

I also used the Seymour Duncan wiring diagram for this set up so I knew what to do with the 4 conductor wires.

https://www.seymourduncan.com/images...H_3G_2V_2T.jpg

Tied off red and white together and soldered green and shield to the base and black to the middle pin on the pot. I also wired the cap as shown in the Stew-Mac image.

The neck pickup with vol and tone is working as expected. The bridge pickup not so much. It doesn't really act like a volume but more like a filter thing and the tone pot seems ok. Not sure how to explain it but it's definitely not acting as a volume control. Any suggestions would help! Thanks!

-Jason

That’s a weird way to ground the tone cap.

Since the bridge and neck are both wired exactly the same way it’s probably a bad solder or incorrect connection. Recheck your grounds first.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

There are several different ways to ground the cap. This way is just fine.

I agree with PFD that there is a bad/wrong connection somewhere. If wired and soldered correctly, everything should work as expected. Definitely recheck all of your connections.
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
      X