banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Pickup & 3 Controls - What is your preference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never touch the tone on the neck pickup. In fact I disabled them and hooked it off in most of my guitars. So V/V/ Bridge tone for me.
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

One pickup, one volume. At least connected. Anything else can sit in the body or if it doesn't look too ridiculous, I'll take it out and leave the cavity.

Comment

I'm assuming strat?

i voted other due to that.

i like master volume/master tone/midboost.

v/v/t is cool too

Comment

Originally posted by Juanhanglo View Post
          I'm assuming strat?

i voted other due to that.

i like master volume/master tone/midboost.

v/v/t is cool too
          Any HH, 3 pickup guitar. Super Strat, Explorer, V, Hamer, etc.

I intended V/T/EQ to encompass what you are proposing. Like Clapton mid boost or EMG w/SPC.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

V/T/S (switch). I always ditch the 3rd control for a mini toggle for coil splits or a kill switch in the 3rd spot. Outside of say an LP or SG I like 1 master volume and 1 tone. I can do without the tone at all.

Comment

I'm surprised that there's not more "blend pot" love, given the number of times that people ask how to wire 'em up.

Comment

In general - I don't like knobs. I like switches. But I do have a master volume on most guitars and basses.
                aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I'd probably opt for vol/tone/master coil cut switch.
                  Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

Comment

i like the blend knob for basses but less so for guitars for whatever reason

Comment

VVT
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Love me a Volume, Treble, Bass setup! Though it is more useful with humbuckers or other fat sounding pickups as opposed to say vintage-y Fender single coils.

Comment

I am myself planing turning one of my Strats into HH, I need a wiring to switch from Master Volume + Master Tone (Stratocaster kind of approach) to Dual Volume + Master Tone (LesPaul kind of approach). The dual volume controls is good when you need to sing and play so you only flick the switch from rhythm to lead, the master volume control I like it better when I only play guitar and someone else is singing.
                          Who took my guitar?

Comment

Working...
                          X