Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
      That’s a cool guitar!
      Not bad for a Les Paul wannabe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes. Interestingly, the original Korn RG was spec'd with DiM PAFs. Feel like amps/pedals these days have more than plenty of gain, you can always add more there. I guess that was the rationale for the boys back then, as they used Rectifiers. Hotter pups do have their own vibe and place, of course, with the way the compress, stark clarity etc. But I suppose, since these days it's possible to get a pretty good guitar for $500 or less, buying some pups is not a big deal, though finding PAF voiced/output ones in 7 string format is a bit tougher. Apart from DiM, I guess Seymour offers 59s and Jazz in 7 string? Maybe BKP does too, but they're

Indeed, the PRS is not too shabby .
        Originally posted by dominus
        Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
          Seymour offers 59s and Jazz in 7 string?
          They totally do.

Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by 1neeto View Post
            Yeah they can be hard to find without hot pickups. At least they’re inexpensive enough to still be at under $1k after a pickup swap.

2014 SC245 with 57/08 pickups.

I know it’s pricey but the angel vivaldi charvel is really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
              Pretty smooth sounds there.

Mm, I hope to get a 7 string at some point, though it's impossible to find one one with moderate/low output pups and a non-locking whammy at a wallet friendly budget. Everything's either Floyd or hardtail and with hotter pups (active or passive), which, given the typical targeted market and what they get used for, is not surprising. The AZ 7s Ibanez put out last year look sweet (the HSS twigs my gas a bit), but they're Prestige and over 2k; and some of those Vola Oz models look nice too, but only a bit less $ than Ibanez.
              Base price for a 7 string Kiesel with a non-locking trem is $1569.
              “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by 1neeto View Post

I posted a video above. They sound great through my Mesa amp. Very defined and balanced especially the low notes.

Right after I posted, I saw that you posted the video. Nice.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  I hadn't looked it up when I posted, but yeah, reliable guess! Come to think of it, a 7 string 59/C would be pretty sweet too , I imagine the custom shop could whip one up on request.

Regarding Kiesel, by the time it would make it to me, shipping/customs would push it to over 2k, I suspect, certainly now, since shipping across bigger distances is $$$. A good option though, as guitar is fully customizable, unlike most others.

Well, better get to saving pennies regardless .
                  Originally posted by dominus
                  Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                    I really don't like anything about a 7-string. I'd rather use a 6 for anything down to C. Below that I'd just go baritone.
                    I hear you—the baritones are great. But I like the way I can voice chords and scales on a 7.

Comment

Working...
                    X