banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What bridge to go with Pearly Gates neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What bridge to go with Pearly Gates neck?

I didn't want to hijack the PGn thread, but clearly, a lot of people, (including myself), love the PGn. So . . . what do you like to pair with it in a dual humbucker axe?

Personally, I simply like the PG set. I don't think I've tried my Pearly's with anything else.

I like it with the 59/Custom Hybrid for any rock. Regular Custom for heavier stuff.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Custom Custom pairs well with the Pearly Gates too.

Comment

I have mine paired with the P-Rails. The P-Rails is too hot for a lot of people in the humbucking mode but it serves my purposes.
        Last edited by Securb; 01-23-2022, 11:25 AM.

Comment

I'll have to experiment a bit. I have a CC laying around here somewhere.

Comment

I like it with the Custom, CC, Screamin Demon, PG+, PGb, and S Deco V.

​​​
            Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I have it paired with a C8 in a les paul standard. One of my favorite combo

Comment

Originally posted by EmiAba View Post
                I have it paired with a C8 in a les paul standard. One of my favorite combo
                That's a Custom, with an A8 magnet?

Comment

For me, a PGn is like a quintessential PAF neck. So anything that goes with a PAF neck goes with a PGn. I've tried the following bridges (all work well):

Jazz
                  Pearly
                  T-Deco
                  Brobucker
                  59/UOA5

Ones I also suspect would work well
                  Seth
                  Antiquity
                  Skinnerburst
                  Magellan / Queenbucker
                  Whole Lotta Humbucker
                  Custom / Custom 5 / Custom Custom
                  JB/A2
                  StagMag
                  Bare Knuckle Black Dog
                  T-Top (and clones), 59n in the bridge, Jazz neck with short A5 in the bridge
                  I think even a 500T or Distortion would work fine with it

Comment

Interesting. This thread may not have been necessary. Apparently, the PGn goes with everything.

Comment

i find it goes well with most things. im running one with an antiquity bridge and its a good match

Comment

I wonder if anyone has found a bridge that the PGn didn't work well with?

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                          I wonder if anyone has found a bridge that the PGn didn't work well with?
                          For me, really hot bridges, super thin bright bridges, or ones with a particular nasty spike of one frequency, like:

JB (A5)
                          Screamin Demon
                          Full Shred
                          Super 3

I previously noted 500T/Distortion would work because when I tried them, adjusting pickup heights and/or rolling the volume got them to match up, and I had that extra 7-10 on the knob for leads.

YMMV. They all might work for you in the right guitar. I was using an all-mahogany SG and a weight relieved LP Studio when I was rolling bridges.

Comment

ive matched a jb with a pgn in a tele and was pretty happy with it actually

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                              YMMV. They all might work for you in the right guitar.
                              Just to be clear, I was only asking this question because I thought it might be an interesting contrast, or supplement, to the the other PGn thread. I have a set of PG's in my all mahogany, (maple capped), Cort CL-1000, which I love.

But the info is still good to know.

Comment

Working...
                              X