banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What bridge to go with Pearly Gates neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
    ive matched a jb with a pgn in a tele and was pretty happy with it actually
    I could see that working. Not too far off from Seymour's original. TeleGib recipe.

Comment

im looking forward to getting the jb and wlh neck wired up in that tele but gotta get some other crap off the bench first

Comment

Distortion. But I love radically different bridge and neck sounds. Especially with a 2V 2T setup.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Here are things I have used in the bridge with a PG neck - and how I like them:

1. PG bridge - Love it
          2. 59 - Like it a lot
          3. A2P - it's ok, not my thing. Might be yours.
          4. Custom - Love it - but I like Ceramic screamers with chill PAF's in the neck.
          5. Custom Custom - Liked it a lot overall, loved it in both on for clean sounds. This was in a purpose built classic rock Les Paul style. YMMV

Haven't tried it with a 59/Hybrid...but having one in a Les Paul, and knowing the PG neck well, and the Custom and the 59, I think it would be a very solid match.
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I really dig it with a Slash bridge pickup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            2001 Les Paul Classic (Antiquity Set)
            2005 Les Paul Standard (Aldrich set)
            2019 Washburn N24 (Duncan Custom Shop PATB)

Comment

Originally posted by SFW View Post
              I really dig it with a Slash bridge pickup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              How different is the Slash from the regular APH?
              Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26 View Post

It's a little hotter. Maybe a bit more treble, too.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

It's a little hotter. Maybe a bit more treble, too.
                  Heck, I might like it more than the APH set, then. I find the APH to be a little too polite sometimes.

Comment

Heck, I might like it more than the APH set, then. I find the APH to be a little too polite sometimes.
                    Yeah, then the Slash set would be perfect.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

My Slash bridge is very different from my bridge APH. My Slash is like a Custom with a bit less power and smoother top end. It doesn't have the wide mid-hump that my A2Ps have and it's not soft on the low end either. It's very even. Great rock pickup.

Comment

Okay here's one you're not going to hear about that much. The burst bucker 3 is a great bridge if you need a little hot in a thick guitar and it pairs wonderfully with the PG.

Not a pickup that I would expect people to go out and grab but I've left a few of them in Les Paul bridges to get a nice broad spectrum connection with the PG in the neck.
                        What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

I don’t think I’ve ever tried a PG, but if I had one in the neck, it would be paired with a hotter bridge, probably something with ceramic. I don’t like PAF bridge pickups, and always wind up with something beefier.
                          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

My Slash bridge is very different from my bridge APH. My Slash is like a Custom with a bit less power and smoother top end. It doesn't have the wide mid-hump that my A2Ps have and it's not soft on the low end either. It's very even. Great rock pickup.
                            That sounds appealing. Very appealing.

Comment

That sounds appealing. Very appealing.
                              To my ears, the A2 Pro Slash is a balanced, hard to gripe about rock pickup. zionstrat mentioned the burstbucker 3--this is another one i think would be a good option.
                              Epiphone Les Paul Tbte Plus (SD custom shop humbucker & SH2b neck)

Comment

While talking about pg pickups I have a question. What is the difference between a regular pg bridge and a pg+ bridge? I would really like to know. Thanks to anyone who can answer.
                                It's funny how some stories became historic,
                                especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
                                But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X