banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMG 89R reversed....is it the same result with EMG89?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG 89R reversed....is it the same result with EMG89?

Hello.

Sorry for asking questions about EMG pickups on the SD forums.
    I couldn't find the EMG forum, so I'm asking here because SD is my favorite pickup brand of any kind.

I am using the 89R as a neck pickup.
    I'm thinking about the 89 because it would be nice if it had a bit more bite in SA mode.
    I want to test it before buying if I can.
    If I mount the 89R pickup 180 degrees in reverse, will the same result as the 89?(Only the logo is turned over)

Yes it will be the same but make sure you have enough length for the connector and that you have the pinout correct.

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
      Yes it will be the same but make sure you have enough length for the connector and that you have the pinout correct.
      The wire length is long enough. I will try it. Thanks for reply!

Comment

Yep, plenty of people used to flip the originals around before they made the R version.

Comment

Originally posted by Toejam View Post
          Yep, plenty of people used to flip the originals around before they made the R version.
          I tried installing the 89R upside down. Now, the desired sound is coming out in SA mode.
          I'll have to buy the 89. However, the inverted logo also looks unique, so it doesn't feel bad to just use it as it is.

Comment

Nice. Some people get weird when seeing the logo upside down, but as long as it does what you want it to, that's all that matters.

Comment

Working...
            X