banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Duncan make an A2Pro with hex screws? Charvel content.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Duncan make an A2Pro with hex screws? Charvel content.

Hey Everyone,

I played a Charvel DK 24 HH Hardtail today, in satin black. It has two humbuckers, and both have 2 black bobbins with chrome hex screws. I told the store manager how much I liked it and commented that it must have a Full Shred set.

He looked the guitar model up, and the website says that it has a Full Shred bridge and Alnico 2 Pro neck. Attached is the webpage with the specs and a photo that clearly shows both bridge and neck humbuckers with chrome hex poles.

So what's the deal? Could this be a Full Shred (aka a Jazz with hex poles) with an alnico 2 magnet?

if charvel wants an allen head aph1n, they can totally get it

Comment

Yes, Charvel can specify what they want, and SD will build it as an OEM order. I don't know if that is what Charvel did, as an A2P and Full Shred would be an odd pairing, or it is a mistake and it is a FS set.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I bet the FS neck and A2P (Jazz) wind are pretty close anyway or identical.
        The things that you wanted
        I bought them for you

Comment

I own a Charvel Pro-Mod DK24 HSH 2PT CM MH, and it has indeed a A2Pro in the neck, but OEM-modded with hex poles. This does make it sound brighter than the regular A2Pro, although it keeps its characteristics in the mahogany body.

The model I own has a special wiring, since it has a Custom Flat SSL-6 in the middle, making all positions on the 5-way switch noiseless.
          Last edited by Synapsys; 03-11-2022, 02:05 PM.
          Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
            I own a Charvel Pro-Mod DK24 HSH 2PT CM MH, and it has indeed a A2Pro jn the neck, but OEM modded with hex poles. This does make it sound brighter than the reegular A2Pro, although it keeps its characteristics in the mahogany body.

The model I own has a special wiring, since it has a Custom Flat SSL-6 in the middle, making all positions on the 5-way switch noiseless.
            I learned something today!

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

I learned something today!
              I learn something new everyday in this forum, so cheers to you, Dave and to so many others!
              Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input.

This makes me believe that there is enough variation in Duncan pickups that I could get essentially anything I would want by going through the custom shop, perhaps even via a shop floor custom.

Comment

Originally posted by jmcorey View Post
                  Thanks everyone for your input.

This makes me believe that there is enough variation in Duncan pickups that I could get essentially anything I would want by going through the custom shop, perhaps even via a shop floor custom.
                  This is most likely sure. If you describe a tone to MJ, she will make it happen.

Comment

Working...
                  X