Rail Humbuckers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rail Humbuckers?

I just read the article about rail humbuckers which was updated on April 7, 2022. toward the end, it made an interesting statement, "This lets you wire your Strat for both the bell-like tones of traditional single coil pickups and full-on humbucker tones by splitting the coils".

I have to ask...how do you go from a Strat tone to "full-on humbucker tones" by splitting the coils? .
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

That's gotta be a typo.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
      That's gotta be a typo.
      I certainly hope so. But if this was just edited/updated on the 7th, how was that huge mistake passed over?!
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

A lot of people work at home now. Maybe they were having one of those Marshall lager's.

(And no offense intended to any loyal Duncan employee.)

Comment

Reading the whole article in context, I took it to mean that by implementing splits on a Duncan Rail when they are installed, you have the ability to go back and forth between single coil and humbucker.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
            Reading the whole article in context, I took it to mean that by implementing splits on a Duncan Rail when they are installed, you have the ability to go back and forth between single coil and humbucker.
            That’s how I read it. I’d you wire it to split, you get both tones.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

This is a post complaining about grammar where the OP quotes the grammar he's complaining about, then gets mad when they put the actual quote in their own words.
              green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

I think it is just bad sentence structure.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Yes, sentence structure bad it is just.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                    Yes, sentence structure bad it is just.
                    Yoda . . . is that you?

Comment

I'm curious which rail pickup works well enough to give "the bell-like tones of traditional single coil pickups"?

Secondly, where is the blog where this claim is made. Do you have the link?
                      Last edited by Teleplayer; 04-15-2022, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teleplayer View Post
                        I'm curious which rail pickup works well enough to give "the bell-like tones of traditional single coil pickups"?

I thought the Duncan P-rail was the only pickup designed to do that.
                        That’s the real question.
                        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

Yoda . . . is that you?
                          You is that Yoda?

Comment

Originally posted by Teleplayer View Post

Secondly, where is the blog where this claim is made. Do you have the link?
                            Seymour Duncan rail pickups are bold. Even with a cursory glance, the magnetic bars cutting across their face jumps out at you. It’s striking when compared to the pole pieces or screws in most pickups. And these rail humbuckers are a fast track to inject your guitar with that same attitude. But rail pickups are...

Comment

As written, that does allow - even invite - misunderstanding. Especially in a piece aimed at those new to the concept.
                              Obviously it would've been much clearer to list humbucker tone first, then put single tone next to the mention of splits.
                              But I can also see how that sentence could pass a quick proofreading, especially by its original author.

A good argument for having someone else proof your writing before you publish.
                              On today's Web maybe that's the biggest difference between a blog post and an actual article.
                              Many such distinctions have become blurred these days.
                              Of course, on the internet you can go back and correct after the fact - it's not as if it went to print that way.

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Working...
                              X