A2Pro Tele bridge mate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A2Pro Tele bridge mate?

I want a humbucker in the neck. What would mate to it. SD is preferred, but I will consider Muy Grande

Re: A2Pro Tele bridge mate?

Yes sir. Hang out here too I see

Comment

Originally posted by litchfield
      I want a humbucker in the neck. What would mate to it. SD is preferred, but I will consider Muy Grande
      What kind of tone are you looking for?
      -Butch Snyder
      butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

I paly a lot of hard rock like kiss, zeppelin, creed, and most of the stuff I write is in drop D. I also like the refreshments. I want a fat neck sound

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

wow, maybe a seth as i think it would sound a little like zeppelin but none of the others really and i think it would overpower the A2pro bridge in a tele. I think most humbuckers would overpower that bridge pickup as it doesn't seem to be all that strong. A 59 would also sound good in the neck of a tele, but that reminds me of the stones tone more than anything else. Another one to think about is the A2pro humbucker. It is nice and round plus i think that it will sound pretty good in a brighter guitar like a tele. Sorry i couldn't really nail one down for you but i think this might be a trial and error process to find a neck humbucker that will match and not completely overpower that bridge pickup. Good luck.
            Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Personally, I would go with either an APH-1n, a PG, a 59, or a Seth. The APTL-1 is my favorite Tele bridge pickup. It is, however a litle lower output than it's counterparts. With Alnico II magnets and it's lower output, you can raise it closer to the strings without any tonal detriment,
              -Butch Snyder
              butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

APTL-1?

I like keith richard's tone, but I dont think I could use it personally
                What low output HBs are there? I wanty a somewhat chunky but clear sound

Comment

Specs will be:
                  Purpleheart neck with ebony fretboard
                  Thinline mahogany body
                  Alnico pro II bridge
                  Humbucker neck (Still in the air, maybe a '59)
                  Tuneomatic string thru
                  VVTT LP style 3 way
                  Quilted top
                  AANJ kinda thing
                  CARRIEBURST!!!!

Comment

i think the '59n ... yes it will overpower the bridge, but i think thats the point given what he wants ... i love the AIIP humbucker in the neck too .. not sure if it would be too bright in the neck of a tele or not

good luck
                    cheers,
                    t4d
                    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Its a mohogany bod, so maybe it wouldnt be so bright. Thats what Slash used right? I never liked his tone.

Comment

I would worry about AP2 = Slash...

Most of Slash's tradmark tone came from his use of Jubillees, anyway (and obviously his playing style, Les Paul etc etc, than the A2P's anyway...

If you're after a great sounding pickup, with low output and a nice rich rounded mid heavy tone, then the A2P is hard to beat...
                        'No matter how hot and sexy any woman looks, some guy, somewhere, is tired of putting up with her sh#t..'

Comment

antiquity neck.

my fat tele has a jd in the bridge, and an ant HB in the neck. could not be better!
                          FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

i think a seth would be a good choice. fat tone with a clear top end

Comment

hmmm....gonna check out some tone samples.

Comment

Working...
                              X