banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pickup for les paul, NEED QUICK REPLIES!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickup for les paul, NEED QUICK REPLIES!

alright, there is about a 75% chance that the Distortion in my les paul will be coming out of the les paul and into my friends guitar. and i dont want to have a les paul with no strings and no pickup in it, so therefore im gonna need to get one pretty fast.
    the things i play are the usual 80's metal stuff with a lot of lead, and some newer hard rock. i like a thick tone, but i dont want it so thick that when i trey to play on my neck pickup it'll get all muddy. my first choice was the Custom, but i dont know how it'll be in a les paul. there may also be a chance that the place i'll be buying from wont have the Custom anyways, so in that case.. what else would be good?
    how is the JB in a les paul? any recommendations, please?

thanks

Re: pickup for les paul, NEED QUICK REPLIES!

to be safe and since you are in a rush get the JB

Comment

Definitely the JB, you'll be safe and probably very very satisfied with that.
      My Soundclick page.

Comment

I like the JB in my LP. You can`t go wrong, especially with the music you play.
        57 VOS Les Paul Goldtop
        62 Thin Skin Stratocaster
        Mesa Boogie Lone Star 212
        Baby Taylor
        sigpic

Comment

ok, JB it is

i'll give a review as soon as i get one

Comment

Go for the JB It sounds great in my Les Paul with a bit more output than the standard gibo's:fing25:
            This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
            Les Paul With JB bridge & Jazz neck - Jimmy Page Wiring
            Fenton Weill strat copy With 59 bridge & 59 Neck p/up My first Guitar
            Vox Valvetronix AD 100 VT

Comment

498t

Comment

Both the JB and the Custom are fine choices in a LP. While you can't go wrong with either I would suggest that you never buy a pickup just because it is in stock. Listen to the sound clips on off of the main SD site, listen to sound clips from our members in the tips and clips section of this board and if at all possible hunt out these pickups in the real world and try them out.

While it is possible to get great tone from a pickup that is in stock somewhere, doing a bit more research and then ordering exactly what you want is probably a better way to go.
                www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
                www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
                http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Originally posted by Robert S.
                  Both the JB and the Custom are fine choices in a LP. While you can't go wrong with either I would suggest that you never buy a pickup just because it is in stock. Listen to the sound clips on off of the main SD site, listen to sound clips from our members in the tips and clips section of this board and if at all possible hunt out these pickups in the real world and try them out.

While it is possible to get great tone from a pickup that is in stock somewhere, doing a bit more research and then ordering exactly what you want is probably a better way to go.
                  well, im going to MAE in a little while and i'll ask the guy(Seth) about some stuff. he's always really helpfull so, i'll be back to review whatever i get.

Comment

alright i just came back and i bought a pickup. the weirdest thing i've ever encountered happened today,..... the store didn't have a JB!!!! i was gonna check out the Pearly gates, but it ended up being like $90!! so i went the way of all teh classic rockers and bought a Super Distortion.....in creme
                    i'll give a review as soon as it's in.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert S.
                      I would suggest that you never buy a pickup just because it is in stock.
                      Originally posted by \m/(00)\m/
                      alright i just came back and i bought a pickup...... the store didn't have a JB!!!! so i bought a Super Distortion.....in creme

Comment

Originally posted by Cory_Dylan
                        but i didn't want my guitar hanging on my wall with no bridge pickup, no strings on for a few weeks! plus, i like the super distortion.

Comment

I love the Custom in Les Pauls for heavy music, but I didn't like the Distortion I had in one of them. It just didn't mix right to me for some reason. Had a Distortion in a mahogany Viper and it owned.

Comment

Originally posted by \m/(00)\m/
                            but i didn't want my guitar hanging on my wall with no bridge pickup, no strings on for a few weeks! plus, i like the super distortion.
                            i hear ya... it sucked not havin my artist for about 2 weeks.... have fun

Comment

thanks!

but now im having problems with the wiring, i know how to solder but it seems like it wasnt done right! i need my dad to check it out..... again.

Comment

Working...
                              X