ID'ING PICKUPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID'ING PICKUPS

I'd like to find out which SD P90's are in my 1995 Hamer USA Vanguard. I bought the guitar used in 2004, and loved the sound of the thing immediately. I'm currently building another guitar, and would like to get one of these for it. Is there a way to find out which models were used ?

The easiest way is to flip them over and take a look at the stickers on the bottom. Current ones would have a sticker with 'SP90-1' for example which corresponds to the Vintage P-90. If they're original to the guitar, they'd have simpler stickers with a 1, 2, or 3 on the bottom corresponding to the model number (1 being Vintage). They could also be Antiquities, but I'm not aware of Hamer using them in anything.

If you don't want to pull the pickups you could measure DC resistance and attempt to guess. The Vintage is about 8K for the neck and around 10K for the bridge, unfortunately both the Hot and Custom are around 12K for the neck and 14-15K for the bridge.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Those came with Hot P90 in the neck and Custom P90 in bridge. Nice guitars!

Comment

Working...
      X