banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wiring a Les Paul With Push-Pulls (Internal Series/parallel + coil selector?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

Looks perfect. That's exactly how I designed it.
    Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by youwotm8 View Post
      Hey, first post

So I'm trying to figure out how to set up my LP which has Lollar DBs in both positions

My idea was to have the neck and volume controls be series/parallel WITHIN each pickup.

I'm curious whether it's possible to combine this by having either tone knob be a coil selector switch, to select only the inner coils of each pickup, for example. Or potentially neck pickup for only inner coils, and bridge pickup for the outer coils?

So to clarify:
      Bridge Volume: Internal Series Parallel
      Neck Volume: Internal Series Parallel
      Bridge Tone: Inner coils of BOTH humbuckers
      Neck Tone: Outer coils of BOTH humbuckers

I prefer having everything as push/pulls, but an option might maybe to replace one of the tone knobs with an on/off/on switch

Might be complicated, but like the idea, so would be grateful for any help
      I’ve got my Les Paul Custom wired with Triple Shot rings and two push/pulls (volumes). I can select any configuration of each humbucker (series, parallel, either coil) and my push/pulls select series/parallel between the two pickups and in-/out-of-phase. This is a variation of the Jimmy Page wiring that allows for full control of all variables. There’s a wiring schematic on the Seymour Duncan website. I’ll link it for you in a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater106 View Post

I’ve got my Les Paul Custom wired with Triple Shot rings and two push/pulls (volumes). I can select any configuration of each humbucker (series, parallel, either coil) and my push/pulls select series/parallel between the two pickups and in-/out-of-phase. This is a variation of the Jimmy Page wiring that allows for full control of all variables. There’s a wiring schematic on the Seymour Duncan website. I’ll link it for you in a minute.
        I can’t find the wiring diagram at the moment, but if you call Duncan’s customer service, they can e-mail it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater106 View Post

Thanks, Artietoo's solution worked plenty!

Comment

Working...
          X