SSS Strat series parallel with 4 pole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSS Strat series parallel with 4 pole

Is it possible to use a 4 pole switch to do series parallel instead of a push pull pot? I love the standard strat bridge middle parallel sound and hate the bridge alone. Would love to make the bridge position be bridge and middle in series like a humbucker. (Note...I don't want a humbucker. Been there done that)

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

“The hell with the rules. If it sounds right, then it is.” - Edward Van Halen

You would need a Superswitch to do that. A standard 5-way won't.

Comment

I have a 4 pole switch, if that's what you mean by super switch?

Comment

Aren't the bridge' white wire and the middle black wire the only ones that need to move? If so, would it work with the bridge white connected to the common of one pole, middle black as the common of another? In standard position, Bridge white goes to hot and middle black to ground ? Then in series position Bridge white connects to mid black?
        blac

Last edited by dotsdad; 07-03-2022, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Yes. That's a 4-pole switch. I misread it as 4-position switch. You definitely can do that. Sorry.

Comment

Thanks Artie. I have it to a try but ended up damaging the switch. Ah well... now I have reason to go to the guitar store.

Comment

Working...
            X