New pickups for my LP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

Probably an actual T-Top bridge and a vintage PAF neck with an A4 or A3 maybe? Likely the neck was a hotter wind, then balanced with the volumes and 50's wiring. Whatever was actually in JP's guitar during the heyday (which I've never conclusively read, so don't know for sure - I've just been going by the sound all along). But note, the closest I got to the sound is where I finally settled: BK Black Dog bridge and 59N/A4 neck. For the poor man's, the tubbiness of the 59N becomes thickness, body and chunk in the bridge. 59N makes a great lower output bridge. And it was clearer than my Electric City T-Top clone, as a data point.
    I made my JP set with a 59B with A4 and a late 70ies T-Top with a short A5
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Not sure if someone has mentioned it already, but you Les Paul probably has 300k volume pots. That is why it sounds duller. Swap some 500k pots in and your highs should come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2001 Les Paul Classic (Antiquity Set)
      2005 Les Paul Standard (Aldrich set)
      2019 Washburn N24 (Duncan Custom Shop PATB)

Comment

Working...
      X