banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just opened Gus G blackout set containing I pickup autographed by Gus ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCikes88
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. 80's View Post
    I doesn't look like his sig to me.
    Kind of does to me, atleast referencing the truss rod cover sig on his Jackson. Though I have no other reference.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220808-133626_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	6189254

Leave a comment:

• Mr. 80's
    replied
    I doesn't look like his sig to me.

Leave a comment:

• dave74
    replied
    Originally posted by Thoraxe View Post
    "If you scroll down a couple clicks it shows his signature, which is identical to how the pickups are signed, but his is very small compared Gus's sig, about half the size.
    I have two and the sigs are sized and placed just a tiny bit different on each. Definitely 100% authentic. He only signed units to be sold as aftermarkets, not the units that were shipped to Schecter for his signature guitars, at least not the ones I've seen the backs of. (see the "Is this a real Duncan" thread for some pics of the OEM units not signed)"

Thanks for the example and the information! . It seems this is not an isolated occurance albeit a rare one perhaps. (Although you have 2) I thought it was a nice surprise and a pretty cool thing to do. Although I havent noticed any artist signed pickups on the secondary market, it makes me wonder what past artists signed Duncan pickups that are floating around out there.....
    I'm betting the only units that were ever signed are the limited-run artist-models built in the c-shop, and it might only be with the artist who were actually able to visit the SD factory during production. Cool bonus feature for sure, although in the case of mine it's a bit silly due to the fact it is not even his real name lol. It's just funny to sign a name that is made-up. I'm not an Avenged Seven fan at all but these trembucker-spaced tb-8 invaders are flat awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Thoraxe
    replied
    If you scroll down a couple clicks it shows his signature, which is identical to how the pickups are signed, but his is very small compared Gus's sig, about half the size.
    I have two and the sigs are sized and placed just a tiny bit different on each. Definitely 100% authentic. He only signed units to be sold as aftermarkets, not the units that were shipped to Schecter for his signature guitars, at least not the ones I've seen the backs of. (see the "Is this a real Duncan" thread for some pics of the OEM units not signed)
    Thanks for the example and the information! . It seems this is not an isolated occurance albeit a rare one perhaps. (Although you have 2) I thought it was a nice surprise and a pretty cool thing to do. Although I havent noticed any artist signed pickups on the secondary market, it makes me wonder what past artists signed Duncan pickups that are floating around out there.....

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    I saw DeMartini and Seymour signing RTM's.

It happens...

Leave a comment:

• dave74
    replied
    My other one is installed, but this one is still on ice waiting for my lazy a** to get around to the project.

Leave a comment:

• dave74
    replied
    Originally posted by Thoraxe View Post
    Dave74, is your pickup initialed or singed? If signed is it a signature you recognize? Do you have a pic to share?
    If you scroll down a couple clicks it shows his signature, which is identical to how the pickups are signed, but his is very small compared Gus's sig, about half the size.
    I have two and the sigs are sized and placed just a tiny bit different on each. Definitely 100% authentic. He only signed units to be sold as aftermarkets, not the units that were shipped to Schecter for his signature guitars, at least not the ones I've seen the backs of. (see the "Is this a real Duncan" thread for some pics of the OEM units not signed)

https://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/l...-gates-invader

Gus's are probably the same, not signed on OEMs for his guitars, but are signed for aftermarket units/sets.
    I think in both cases/artists their pickups were indeed wound and signed in the custom shop.
    Last edited by dave74; 08-04-2022, 06:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Thoraxe
    replied
    Dave74, is your pickup initialed or singed? If signed is it a signature you recognize? Do you have a pic to share?

Leave a comment:

• Thoraxe
    replied
    Curious is the word, Mincer. I found a video of Gus touring the custom shop, including an appearance by Maricela Juarez. He even sat down and wound a pickup himself. He also mentioned he would be coming back to the custom shop. The opportunity was certainly there for him to sign some , or one. This was old stock from a music store so it could have been one of the early sets. Maybe they had a promotion initially? It's pretty darn cool and makes me consider buying another from the same place.just to see if there's more. Very curious if anyone else recieved pickups with an apparent Gus G signature.or any other Duncan signature artist.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Hmm, this is curious. That would be very cool if legit. Maybe a certain number were signed?

Leave a comment:

• dave74
    replied
    My Gates Invaders were also signed like that, well with the different sig of course. Must be a custom shop thing.

Leave a comment:

• Thoraxe
    replied
    Here are pics of the signature on the back of the blackout pickup.

Leave a comment:

• Just opened Gus G blackout set containing I pickup autographed by Gus ?

I just opened a brand new sealed set of Gus G pickups from a USA music retail shop. One of the pickups looks as though it was autographed on the back byGus G in black sharpie. I checked another used set on reverb and neither pickup was signed. Did I get willy Wonka's golden ticket here or what? Was this a promotional thing? At first I thought the winder tech had initialed his/her work. But its definitely a Gus G signature.
Working...
X