Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Connect Adapter

Hello Everyone,

I just got a 2022 Les Paul Classic which has the PCB and 5 pin quick connect for pickups. As usual I want to swap the bridge pickup to something a little hotter but the quick connect is obviously a consideration. https://reverb.com/item/1157996-2-qu...ps-solderless#

I did find the adapter linked that this person makes for sale on Reverb. This might be the answer if my switching and push/pulls aren't affected. I sent the person a message and he said it "shouldn't" alter anything as long as I stay with the color coding on the wires.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks

I have no experience with the ones in the reverb link, but the price seems a bit high for what it is. I’ve bought several rounds of them from the seller in the eBay link below with no issues. If you specify the pickup brand, the seller will work with you on the color coding too.
    The wire colors are arranged for the Seymour Duncan Pickup Color Code. This makes installing Seymour Duncans to Quick Connects much easier. Just match the wires up Color to Color. This is the (4 conductor+shield) "5 wire" style Quick Connect that Gibson started using in (around) 2012.

Comment

I like the idea of quick connect stuff, but I don't like the Gibson products. Mojotone and Obsidian wire make superior harnesses that accept standard pickup wires in a quick connect fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by BluesIsBlood12 View Post
        I like the idea of quick connect stuff, but I don't like the Gibson products. Mojotone and Obsidian wire make superior harnesses that accept standard pickup wires in a quick connect fashion.
        I love that, too. I've wired many guitars by hand, but the harnesses make more sense to me.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Anyone else snaking their forehead seeing Obsidian and GunStreet? Like why didn’t we start that business here.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

If Gibson quick connect became the industry standard overnight and you could easily get adapters on any aftermarket pickup, I wouldn't complain. But since they’re the only ones using them (that I’ve encountered), it’s a pretty big pain to have to source the adapters and solder five wires rather than two and burn through a bunch of heat shrink tiling every time I want to try a new pickup in either of my Gibsons. It’s almost enough to make me stop experiment with pickups in those two guitars. Almost.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.

I ordered the adapters from the Reverb store.The package comes with 2 of them so I will modify a couple Duncan's I have and give it a go. I've liked the Dirty Fingers in Les Paul's so may try my Duncan Distortion first. I can only assume its similar to the Dirty Fingers?

I also have a JB and a Custom Custom as well. I've read the Custom Custom can be a bit dark in Les Paul's, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahpook View Post
                Thanks for all the replies.

I ordered the adapters from the Reverb store.The package comes with 2 of them so I will modify a couple Duncan's I have and give it a go. I've liked the Dirty Fingers in Les Paul's so may try my Duncan Distortion first. I can only assume its similar to the Dirty Fingers?

I also have a JB and a Custom Custom as well. I've read the Custom Custom can be a bit dark in Les Paul's, though.
                A Custom Custom can be dark in LPs, so I might start with the JB first. Another option is to get an A5 magnet, put it in the Custom Custom, and turn it into a Custom. Those sound great in an LP.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                X