NPD 59/Custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD 59/Custom

Had an A2Pro that I turned into an A6Pro. It was fine but still wasn’t happy.

The hybrid delivered again. Remarkable pickup.

We know what the pickup looks like. Show us the rest of that beautiful guitar.

Comment

My pleasure

The wiring was weird so I ended up with a flipped neck pickup lol

I’ll figure it out next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
        The wiring was weird so I ended up with a flipped neck pickup lol
        Slash would approve. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

Lol true!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

Not after he took out the A2Pro.

Comment

I have a Hybrid in my red Steinberger. Mine is black, double screw, though.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                I have a Hybrid in my red Steinberger. Mine is black, double screw, though.
                Very cool. Why double screw? What does that do?

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
                Not after he took out the A2Pro.
                Lol hey, I still have one in the neck

Comment

Choice!

I myself never got into headless but that looks pretty damm sweet. Not what I expected from the closeup heh.

What have you noticed that you like better from A2 to A6?
                  The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post
                    Choice!

I myself never got into headless but that looks pretty damm sweet. Not what I expected from the closeup heh.

What have you noticed that you like better from A2 to A6?
                    I did a recording! You may need headphones to tell.

I thought it was a bit subtle (not like putting a 5 or 8) but it retains a lot of the character from the pickup but loses the honk, adds a bit of clarity and tightens up the bass a bit. I think it’s a better bridge pickup for me. The body is ash and it’s chambered yet the sound with A2 still felt honky to me.

Here’s the thread where we discussed it https://forum.seymourduncan.com/foru...-a2pro-bridge/

Comment

I did a recording! You may need headphones to tell.

I thought it was a bit subtle (not like putting a 5 or 8) but it retains a lot of the character from the pickup but loses the honk, adds a bit of clarity and tightens up the bass a bit. I think it’s a better bridge pickup for me. The body is ash and it’s chambered yet the sound with A2 still felt honky to me.

Here’s the thread where we discussed it https://forum.seymourduncan.com/foru...-a2pro-bridge/
                      Good choice. I’ll have a listen tonight. Recording is the best litmus test, especially if it’s something you’ll be doing with the setup. When I had my custom overdrive built and we tried every component type-by-type, value-by-value, for few times I couldn’t honestly hear an obvious improvement from one over the other, recording revealed those details to inform my decisions.

I’m not a fan of A2 unless it’s for a non-metal guitar as try as I might, it always has an ugly, muddy spike in the low mids I can’t get rid of. Even the fuglybucker for how amazing the note separation is, it really benefited from a ceramic 8 over the A2 it came with.

I made the mistake of putting an A2 in an Invader 7 but the A8 was much better. That and hex screws (which just made me switch it out anyway because half the fun of the invader is the look.)
                      The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post

Good choice. I’ll have a listen tonight. Recording is the best litmus test, especially if it’s something you’ll be doing with the setup. When I had my custom overdrive built and we tried every component type-by-type, value-by-value, for few times I couldn’t honestly hear an obvious improvement from one over the other, recording revealed those details to inform my decisions.

I’m not a fan of A2 unless it’s for a non-metal guitar as try as I might, it always has an ugly, muddy spike in the low mids I can’t get rid of. Even the fuglybucker for how amazing the note separation is, it really benefited from a ceramic 8 over the A2 it came with.

I made the mistake of putting an A2 in an Invader 7 but the A8 was much better. That and hex screws (which just made me switch it out anyway because half the fun of the invader is the look.)
                        Completely agree. It’s hard to tell the differences, you ears get tired and adapt quickly.

I hear you. I love A2 - but in the neck lol I thought I’d give it another try in the bridge with this guitar and realized it’s just not for me. I have not tried all windings evidently but I generally prefer A5.

Comment

Very cool. Why double screw? What does that do?

Lol hey, I still have one in the neck
                          It makes it slightly less bright. Mine also has a roughcast magnet, too (which adds to a smoother sound).
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

It makes it slightly less bright. Mine also has a roughcast magnet, too (which adds to a smoother sound).
                            Nice. Good to know! So many factors in pickup building

I have been thinking about building my first hybrid for the neck of this guitar and was thinking of a Bridge A2 Pro (reusing what this pickup replaced) with a neck 59 coil and an A2 Magnet. I was thinking I would end up with two screw coils. Good to know what that does!

Comment

Working...
                            X