• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJ's Magicbucker

Looks like MJ's been at it again!
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Literally saving my pennies!
    "I don't like the real world. I have to live there, and it sucks. It's drab, it's dingy, quality control is a f*cking joke, A-cups are far too prevalent, nobody can fly and all the dinosaurs are dead!" -- The Game Overthinker

Comment

I wonder what the difference is between these and the Steckel Candy set and the Bonnamassa Skinnerburst set?

Comment

Oh boy! She puts in so much passion and care in to what she does. I had showed her a pic of an old JB I had picked up used. Her reply, and this was in person, "yep, that's one of my children."

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          There's the Queenbucker, that's supposedly a Joe Bonamassa inspired one (or a copy of a previous Bonamassa pickup set).
          Is this like a brand new pickup also inspired in one of Bonamassa's 59' guitars?

I got an H-150 with Antiquities on it. Considered Billy Gibbons (Custom Shop) Pearly Gates Set, but this also seems nice.
          Would like a demo or to know more about MJ's Magicbucker!
          Check out my solo singer/songwriter/guitarist work on Facebook!
          Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

The info I have is the same that's on the page. It is an A3 set, so that's interesting.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Sounds nice, delux MJ A3 59s.
              The things that you wanted
              I bought them for you

Comment

Looks like I need to add another Les Paul to the three Super Strats I already need to buy, in order to test all the pickups I want to try, or already have on my parts shelf...
                I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

GAS attack!

That pup has the longest list of color options I think I've ever seen on a Duncan pup.

Comment

^ I'm feeling that as well. I do have one LP I have been wanting to put my Ants in. I just have not gotten around to it. Maybe I sit on the Ants and give MJ's Magicbuckers a go instead?

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

You bros are too slow when it comes to talking me down. I had some points built up, so the bank and I went together and ordered a set. My Ants will have to wait for the next worthy LP I get.

Comment

look forward to hearing your review!

Comment

...and I need to up my recording game to include some clips!

Comment

that would be sweet too! i should do the same. i have, i think, everything i need even if its older. decent mac, edirol ua1000, mics, some other outboard gear... just gotta find a place to set it all up

Comment

Yeah, I drift off topic but I just have not upped my recording gear in the last ten years. I will pull something together. Maybe compare these against my '59 set with the A4 in the neck.

Comment

Working...
                              X