No announcement yet.

MJ's Magicbucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I think these are different models altogether.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by piblock View Post

I don't ever leave the series settings in the guitar I have which uses regular (PAF-ish) output pickups in Triple Shots. They're great for the 59/Custom and higher output pickups. With PAFs, I would just decide if you prefer the pickup in parallel or one of the coils alone, and wire that to a P/P pot. That's if you think you would even use it with a low output pickup. I don't think I'll bother spliting lower output pickups or having a parallel option for them anymore, I just never use that sound. Of course, your mileage may vary!
      Thanks, they will just go in as regular series. It did not seem like the best idea, which is why I put it out there for some confirmation or denial.
      I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

My set arrived today, sort of. They actually arrived 9 days ago, but apparently UPS is still in pandemic mode and only making 1 delivery attempt for signature required. Since I have a UPS account they sent me an email today saying I had a package to pickup at the local UPS Store, before it goes back tomorrow. When I got there they claimed they left a door tag but I never saw it. Maybe the wind blew it away or the "Porch Pirates" took it thinking they could claim the package with it. Porch Pirates are not the smartest thieves out there. Anyhow, I will try and get some of my usual low quality cell phone pics posted later today. Also to get them installed within a month.
        I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post
          My set arrived today, sort of. They actually arrived 9 days ago, but apparently UPS is still in pandemic mode and only making 1 delivery attempt for signature required. Since I have a UPS account they sent me an email today saying I had a package to pickup at the local UPS Store, before it goes back tomorrow. When I got there they claimed they left a door tag but I never saw it. Maybe the wind blew it away or the "Porch Pirates" took it thinking they could claim the package with it. Porch Pirates are not the smartest thieves out there. Anyhow, I will try and get some of my usual low quality cell phone pics posted later today. Also to get them installed within a month.
          Please review soon!
          I'm thinking of a set for my SG or for my H-150 (swapping out Antiquity set from H-150 to SG and getting the Magicbucker installed on the H-150).
          Check out my solo singer/songwriter/guitarist work on Facebook!
          Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Yes, I am looking forward to a review as well. You may be the first person here to get a set.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post
              No update yet regarding the Magicbuckers?
              Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                The info I have is the same that's on the page. It is an A3 set, so that's interesting.
                Saw that it is I agree interesting. Have a A3 mag in the 57 I have in the neck on my 95 Washburn MG 102.
                Guitars
                Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

I might try them on a build next year.

Comment

i love the a3 in the antiquity neck in my lp. hoping to hear about these once you get em in

Comment

Just curious, but the MJ bridge is less than 2% different than a Pearly, and the neck is less than 1/4% of the Jazz. If you put an A3 in both of those, would you be in Magicbucker territory? (For a fraction of the cost.)

Comment

i kinda doubt it? both pups are pretty unique. the pearly has a focused upper mid thing which some people hear as bright, the jazz isnt really very paf like to my ears at all, though its a cool pup for sure

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                          i kinda doubt it? both pups are pretty unique. the pearly has a focused upper mid thing which some people hear as bright, the jazz isnt really very paf like to my ears at all, though its a cool pup for sure
                          Yeah. I should know by now that there's more involved to pup tone than DCR and mag.

Comment

Any updates or information about the Magicbucker?
                            Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Very cool. I would like to know what they sound like with the A3 magnets. Im guessing either a 59 or A2P wind?

MJ is the best. I sent some pickups for repair. She called me and left a voice mail about one of them a few weeks ago. I called her back and she was so pleasant to speak to. She is a total national treasure!
                              Charvel, Kramer, Gibson, Fender, MIJ/US Epiphone, BC Rich
                              Full Shred, Distortion, JB, Custom (Custom), Screamin' Demon, Cool Rails, Alternative 8, Mini Humbucker, Lil 59, 59, APH-1, Black Winter, Silverbird, SP90, PATB1,2,3, YJM, 59/custom hybrid, SSL-1 AH1BJ, Jazz, Antiquity JB/Jazz, Alpha/Omega

Comment

Originally posted by STLMTLHD79 View Post
                                Very cool. I would like to know what they sound like with the A3 magnets. Im guessing either a 59 or A2P wind?

MJ is the best. I sent some pickups for repair. She called me and left a voice mail about one of them a few weeks ago. I called her back and she was so pleasant to speak to. She is a total national treasure!
                                If you talk to her about pickups for even 5 minutes, you realize that she absolutely has great instincts about what makes a pickup sound great. Even if I have an idea about something, if she has another formula to get there, I listen to her.

Comment

Working...
                                X