No announcement yet.

JB in a mahogany single-cut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a JB in a full mahogany body LP copy, with a laminated maple set neck and rosewood fretboard. Sounded huge and powerful, I loved it in that guitar.
    The biggest difference between Chet Atkins and Dimebag? Probably the beard...

Comment

I have a JB with a roughcast UOA5 in the bridge of my mahogany Shecter Blackjack.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Ordered my Custom today. Should arrive next week. Excited to try it!

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
          I've had JB's in a whole bunch of very different guitars, and I always liked the result, personally.
          Same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

OK, I spent a good few months with the Custom in this LTD. It wasn't bad per se, but I just wasn't vibing with it. So now I've changed it up. Tuned the LTD down to D standard and had my luthier install the Black Winters I've had lying around since I swapped them out of my Les Paul for a Super D / Paf Pro combo.

First day playing with the Winters in the LTD and it's like coming home. Everything is just right. The bridge hits like a ton of bricks with distortion, so much so that I can keep my volume knob around 8 and max it for solos. But it covers a lot of clean territory too. The neck does well with gain or clean and in pretty much any style I care to play. I've missed having a guitar with Winters.

Comment

Glad you liked the 'Winter! It's my favorite Duncan. I also like the JB, though.

About people saying the Custom is tight, I don't agree, and I honestly don't get it. The Custom has a pretty HUGE low-end, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                Glad you liked the 'Winter! It's my favorite Duncan. I also like the JB, though.

About people saying the Custom is tight, I don't agree, and I honestly don't get it. The Custom has a pretty HUGE low-end, IMO.
                I think I am going to get a JB for an E-standard guitar eventually. It's just associated with too many iconic sounds from bands I listen to for me to not have one. I've already got the Jazz from my LTD lying around and a JB-Jazz combo is a pretty safe and solid pairing.

Like you, I don't hear the tightness in the Custom. And that low end was too much for me. I now have a Custom and a Custom 5 that I'll be looking to sell, lol.

Comment

Working...
                X