Dimarzio Igno resistance per coil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimarzio Igno resistance per coil?

Does anybody have a Dimarzio Igno laying round to measure the different coil windings?
    I guess it could be very similar to a Norton winding but with double hex screws and A8 instead of A5 so I'm interested in a comparison.

I've long suspected that the wind is essentially identical to that of the Satchur8. DarthPhineas all but confirmed it in his review:

IGNO DP285 Bridge
    Series – 13.2 K
    Split – 7.4 K
    Split – 5.8 K
    Magnet – Alnico 8

Satchur8 DP273 Bridge
    Series – 13.0 K
    Split – 7.4 K
    Split – 5.6 K
    Magnet – Alnico 8

Comment

The difference between the IGNO and the Satchur8 are the Virtual Vintage slugs.
      When I put a A8 into a Norton I wasn't too impressed of the sound. Maybe the double row hex screws make a remarkable difference?

I tried A8 magnets in a lot of pickups but at the end I had put them all out again. I liked the Alternative 8 in a Gibson SG Standard that I sold. Tried it in a SG Supreme but it didn't last long as it sounded nothing like in the Standard before.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Lime View Post
        I tried A8 magnets in a lot of pickups but at the end I had put them all out again. I liked the Alternative 8 in a Gibson SG Standard that I sold. Tried it in a SG Supreme but it didn't last long as it sounded nothing like in the Standard before.
        I know what you mean. I liked it a bit in a JB and in PGb, but the C8 and others were to much for me. The PGb has an A6 now, the JBJ sports the original A5 again.
        I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Working...
        X