NPD - Blackety, black, black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD - Blackety, black, black

I just pulled this out of the mailbox. Hopefully, I can pop it in my black SG tomorrow and make it even blacker.

Oh yeah!

https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Nice! Congrats!

Comment

I have a hoodie with the Black Winter artwork on it.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Wow.
          Post a clip.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

They should do a double-screw blackened also, just for variety sake.

Comment

It is in but was not as plug-and-play as the regular Black Winter in the Strat. That guitar I slapped in the pickup, and it was roaring. I need to play with the pickup height with this a bit more when I am done working today. Don't get me wrong, it sounds great, but I can tell it needs to be dialed in a bit to get it perfect.

Comment

I have to say- that looks awesome.

Comment

Thanks Dave. I got it dialed in it was as simple as dropping the mids on the amp a bit, and it sounds great. I also fiddled with the pickup height a bit. The Gibson 490 in the neck now sounds muffled now in comparison. I just ordered a blackened neck to go in the guitar, it should be here Monday.

Comment

Yeah, when I first got my Tribute, the first combo I tried in it was regular Black Winter/490R, and it wasn't a good match at all.

Let us know how you like the BBW-N! It's been ages since I've hade a BW-N, but I remember really liking it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                      Yeah, when I first got my Tribute, the first combo I tried in it was regular Black Winter/490R, and it wasn't a good match at all.

Let us know how you like the BBW-N! It's been ages since I've hade a BW-N, but I remember really liking it.
                      I will definitely report back. I think I am going to throw the 490R in my Tele neck. The Maxon S70 I have in there now really wants to live in the bridge of a solid top guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

I will definitely report back. I think I am going to throw the 490R in my Tele neck. The Maxon S70 I have in there now really wants to live in the bridge of a solid top guitar.
                        That 490R should work great in a Tele neck. Didn't Andy Summers have something similar?

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                          That 490R should work great in a Tele neck. Didn't Andy Summers have something similar?

Yeah, he had a Gibson PAF in the neck with a phase switch.

Comment

That's a great-looking SG. It is aging gracefully. It'll look great with the matching Neck Pickup (and most importantly the sound will match)

But I've gotta say I love the mean look of the blacked out bridge pickup mixed with the old-school neck pickup!

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                              Thanks Dave. I got it dialed in it was as simple as dropping the mids on the amp a bit, and it sounds great. I also fiddled with the pickup height a bit. The Gibson 490 in the neck now sounds muffled now in comparison. I just ordered a blackened neck to go in the guitar, it should be here Monday.
                              I was gonna say, that there is no way you can't get the neck one in there, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X