No announcement yet.

NPD - Blackety, black, black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got it in. The output is around 25% of what it should be. I just had the 490 in there, so I know it is not the pots or caps. I am heading to practice, so I will hook it up to the meter and direct to the jack tomorrow to see what is going on.

Comment

Yeah...sumthin's up.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        Yeah...sumthin's up.
        Yep. This is bizarro. It seems to be the tone pot. I went direct to jack, and the pickup was fine. I jumped from the VOL to the jack, and that worked. I then jumped from the tone pot terminal to the jack, which worked. I do not know how a pot I never touched could fail during a pickup install.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
          Let us know how you like the BBW-N! It's been ages since I've hade a BW-N, but I remember really liking it.
          I actually think the Black Winter neck would make a great bridge pickup for some. It has all of the characteristics of the bridge but just a little less. It obviously has a bit less output. I also found the mids to be slightly less aggressive. The awesome touch sensitivity was still present, and the awesome grind the bridge pickup has. If someone is looking for a mid-forward bridge pickup but the Black Winter bridge is too much, I would definitely suggest trying the BW neck in the bridge.

As a set they play off each other nicely very balanced and are super full in the middle position. I was getting some Sabbathy tones this afternoon and some cool doom tones out of the neck. I have not played the guitar clean yet, but maybe tomorrow. I also want to give it a run in my Fender Excelsior. Hot pickups push that amp to a nice British Invasion type of breakup. I get some Kinks and Who mojo out of that amp with my Dimebucker.

Comment

Working...
          X