What. Value Volume Pot??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What. Value Volume Pot??

Greetings,,, for my new set of STK-s 7/4/4, which value would be optimum? I have a bunch 300 thru 400k pots, so just trying to get the most out of the pups. Thnx

Are they master volume and master tone?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Yes,,, 1-Vol, 1-Tone....

Comment

A lot depends on the voice of the guitar they're going into, and what you're looking for personally.
        Higher value pots give slightly brighter tone; lower values will be a bit warmer.
        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Yeah it depends what you want. If you want warm then go for low value pots. Stax seem to be glossier and less shrill from the extra coil and so I think can handle higher pots if you want to do that.
          The things that you wanted
          I bought them for you

Comment

Thnx guys!

Comment

I would use the highest value for volume pot.
              Last edited by hamerfan; 11-21-2022, 01:09 PM.
              I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

I'm a huge fan of the 1 Meg pot for either volume or tone but not both.

Comment

I like 1 meg volumes also for where the pickups can handle it. Especially bass. Not true single coils lol. 1 meg isn't useful for tone, just use a no load.
                  The things that you wanted
                  I bought them for you

Comment

If you are going to use one or two of the pots you already own, I'd recommend the 400k.
                    Originally Posted by IanBallard
                    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

if it was me, id stick close to the low end of that range, i found mine plenty bright with 250k volume and tone. i think they were actually rated 256k volume and 242k tone but id have to go check my notes

Comment

Working...
                      X