Neck pickup recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
    I ended up ordering a PAF Joe from the Dimarzio website in double cream. I hope it sounds as good as the YouTube videos I saw!!

Also - can we get a thread on that guitar!!!!
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

That is indeed a beautiful guitar!

It may just be the pic itself or some tape etc. covering part of the bobbin cover, but it looks like the lower bobbin on the PAF Joe is not straight.

Comment

Originally posted by playas View Post
        That is indeed a beautiful guitar!

It may just be the pic itself or some tape etc. covering part of the bobbin cover, but it looks like the lower bobbin on the PAF Joe is not straight.
        I think that’s just a shadow from the pickup ring.

Comment

Could be.

Comment

That is a nice guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by skelt101 View Post

Coil tape.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I wouldn't have thought of the PAF Joe, but I bet it'll sound great.
                And that guitar really is beautiful - especially with double creams in it.
                "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by skelt101 View Post

I believe it is a shadow.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Also - can we get a thread on that guitar!!!!
                    Did you notice the poker chip? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                      ll have to look into the Super 70. I know absolutely nothing about them.
                      The Super 70 is a killer pickup, with great string definition and lots of string sensitivity. But they are way overpriced on most secondary markets seeing EVH used one on VH1 in his Destroyer.

That guitar looks freaking awesome, I hope the pickup is what you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

The Super 70 is a killer pickup, with great string definition and lots of string sensitivity. But they are way overpriced on most secondary markets seeing EVH used one on VH1 in his Destroyer.

That guitar looks freaking awesome, I hope the pickup is what you are looking for.
                        I looked a few up on eBay. The prices steered me away. I got the PAF Joe with the 25% discount Dimarzio was offering. So I was happy about that.
                        Once I get it installed I’ll come back and share my thoughts. The YouTube clips I listened to sounded great and the Dimarzio site description of it sounded good. Apparently Joe wanted something voiced like a 50’s Gibson humbucker that also had a “tubular” sound. That’s pretty much what think I’m looking for as well. We shall see.

Comment

Working...
                        X