banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full Shred set vs Alpha/Omega... thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Shred set vs Alpha/Omega... thoughts?

I'm really digging the Gibson 500T in my Les Paul right now... but alas, I also love trying new pickups out! LOL.

So I wonder which of these two sets I will like better? I tend to like tight pickups without a lot of mushy low mid content and an upper mid emphasis. I like a tight and fast low-end, and a bright high-end. However, I don't want an overly chirpy attack either.

So which of these is better suited for my Les Paul? I don't play djent or anything, just more 90's/2000's Melodic Death, so that's the kind of tones that I'm into.

Thanks!

Due to what you want, I'd say the Alpha/Omega, which is more modern, and certainly tighter (and less chirpy) than the FS set.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

My only complaint with the FS set has been the kind of weak low end.

I've said this many times: if I had the SD Custom Shop build me something, it would have the low end of a Demon and the mids and top end of a FS bridge.

Comment

The FS has almost no low end compared to most other humbuckers.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Ended up grabbing another set of pickups, LOL, but thanks for the input, dudes!

Comment

Originally posted by Inflames626 View Post
            My only complaint with the FS set has been the kind of weak low end.

I've said this many times: if I had the SD Custom Shop build me something, it would have the low end of a Demon and the mids and top end of a FS bridge.
            Given the way I EQ my amp, that lack of low end in the neck is perfect for me

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              The FS has almost no low end compared to most other humbuckers.
              In my experience it is tight but still has a low end that is part of its own charter and clarity. IMHO the key to get a sound I liked was to EQ the amp so not to cut low end as I would usually do with a JB for example. And also, avoid overdrive pedals that cut the lows, like the Boss SD-1 which has a nice mids push but cuts the lows in a way that does not help the FS, I think a clean boost or a "trasparent overdrive" is better for the FS set.
              Who took my guitar?

Comment

Working...
              X