Anyone put an A2 magnet in a JB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 357mag View Post
    I very well may pickup a Epiphone Les Paul and I was thinking of putting a Screamin' Demon in the neck with a JB in the bridge. I was wondering though if the JB ends up sounding too hard or brittle if I could have some success putting an A2 magnet in it to smoothen out the highs.
    I'm running a Screamin' Demon in the neck with a JB2 in the bridge of my MIJ San Dimas ProMod. The two work great together. On of my best sounding and playing guitars.

I'm not sure how it would work in an LP however so that is on you.

Comment

Originally posted by 357mag View Post

I've tried the Custom and it is too brittle and hard. A Custom Custom yes but not a Custom.
      Ditto. Custom in an SL2H and I'm not so sure. Going to swap for a Warpig set. CC in my 1980's ESP Horizon is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
        I personal tried the JB8 - all kinds of love for that!

Still loud as F. Took the edge off the highs, de-mid spiked it, tightened up the bass a touch. Overall, it sounded like a cross between a Distortion and a SuperDistortion, in all kinds of good ways.
        Was about to post on a JB 8. I have about the same take as you on it.
        Guitars
        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
          I personal tried the JB8 - all kinds of love for that!

Still loud as F. Took the edge off the highs, de-mid spiked it, tightened up the bass a touch. Overall, it sounded like a cross between a Distortion and a SuperDistortion, in all kinds of good ways.
          I didn't like the JB8. It lost all the harmonics that I liked in the stock JB and developed an annoying clank in the low end. Maybe it had something to do with the guitar it was in, mahogany body, set neck, ~25" scale. I tend to prefer the Alternative 8, probably because it was designed around the A8 mag.
          For a JB, aside from an A5, I like a UOA5. Just enough added mids without getting too spongy.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
            I didn't like the JB8. It lost all the harmonics that I liked in the stock JB and developed an annoying clank in the low end. Maybe it had something to do with the guitar it was in, mahogany body, set neck, ~25" scale. I tend to prefer the Alternative 8, probably because it was designed around the A8 mag.
            For a JB, aside from an A5, I like a UOA5. Just enough added mids without getting too spongy.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
            The JB really is a great magnet-taker, any way you want to go with it.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
            X