banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A passive neck P90 that matches the PRail’s P coil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A passive neck P90 that matches the PRail’s P coil?

I bought a Vintage P90 for the neck on a new PPP build, but it isn’t at all what I want. I’ve also tried a Planet Tone Elite Pro and a Reverend P90. The tone I want is the P coil of a PRail (I’ve got 3 other guitars with PRails in the necks. This guitar has a specific design goal: a gold top PPP). So far the only other pickup I’ve tried that comes close (and surpasses it in some ways) is the Fishman Fluence P90 in the hot position. I was just hoping to keep this build passive. Any ideas for a P90 that really matches the tonal properties of the PRail?

what is it that you didnt like about the vintage p90 neck you tried, i assume you did get the neck version?

Comment

I know you've probably already considered this but just in case....since you are having a tough time finding a passive P90 that closely matches what you're getting from the P-Rails, have you considered contacting Duncan and asking them if there's something they can suggest or even look into a custom shop option made to your necessary specs? Because honestly off the top of my head right now I can't really think of a passive P-90 that would closely match what you're after, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
        what is it that you didnt like about the vintage p90 neck you tried, i assume you did get the neck version?
        It simply has a different frequency curve: lacking a deep bass, a pointy, kind of ugly low mid bump, not enough high mids and highs. Yes, neck version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X