banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ibanez "premium" AZ42P1 replacements.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez "premium" AZ42P1 replacements.....

Hi,

I've had this guitar for about a month and it's mostly great. But after some comparison vids, it's clear why I don't just "quite" get on with the tone.

What I ordered (and are now delivered) are the "Saturday Night Specials" which are not as hot, still have the nice nickel covers, and seem to kinda chime a bit more. I'm neither a "classic rock" or a "metal" guy, so these seem to make sense. Worst case scenario, I exchange them within 21 days. I like the idea of having to add gain vs. them being too hot.

However, I saw this vid: Ibanez AZ & Seymour Duncan pickups comparison - YouTube with the original mindset that maybe custom ordering the "Pegasus" with the nickel would be the best way to go. But since it's an HH guitar, I became very unclear about what I wanted in the neck position, so here we are.

Just in case someone has some thoughts on this combo before I install them, I'd be curious to hear it.

i have a sns set in a prs and i like em a lot, clear neck with a fat bridge just as advertised

Comment

While the Pegasus can do metal very well, the bass is pretty tight, which makes it more modern sounding than any PAF derivatives like the SNS set. I think you made the right choice for a style that falls 'between the cracks'.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I do too. Now it's just a matter of going through the motions of getting them installed!

Comment

Originally posted by reggiebeatz View Post
          I do too. Now it's just a matter of going through the motions of getting them installed!
          Have you installed pickups before? If not, Seymour Duncan has an excellent wiring course (for free).

Comment

Oh, I'm not concerned about it per say, but I'm not sure I'm the one who should be doing it from a "nice and neat" aspect.

Comment

You get better at it the more you do it, though. And it is pretty satisfying when you get it right. I think you totally can do it!

Comment

Well, at 57, I better be

Comment

Working...
                X