Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Blender Pots For Tone??

Greetings,, having moved over to a 4-way for my
    B-BM-BN-N sounds, none of my CTS EP4185's Blender pots I'm ditching will work as simple tone pots?? I mean, I put them to the meter & they're not reading what they should be...??
    thnx

A CTS EP4185 is a 250k audio-taper no-load tone pot. If you wire it correctly as a tone control, it should work fine. From your description, it's not clear exactly how you are testing the pot and why it's not reading what you think it should read.

Comment

BEAU'B,,, how should I be testing it? I thought the middle lug to either outer lug...

Comment

Well, since it's no-load, you'd have to turn it to "9" and put a probe between the middle lug and the output/ground lug to read the resistor track. The other way would be to turn it to 0 and measure from the middle lug to the input lug.

Comment

okay,,, on the high end they're reading 19 meg, which perhaps is so high, it's as good as open...? I have other non blenders, that read the expected zero to approx. 250k, but I just put the blenders in & that work just fine.... Maybe that upper end reading is so hi it's the same, or close to out of the circuit.....? Sounds fine though...
          thnx

Comment

If you're getting 19 Mohm on a 250k pot, either your meter is set wrong, or you aren't testing it out of circuit, or something else is not right. I actually can't imagine how to get 19 Mohm testing a 250k pot.

Comment

Working...
            X