banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help for SD Metal pickups on Tele !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dragaenerys View Post
    Re!
    Good evening to all and happy new year!

#Rex_Rocker: wouldn't the omega pickup sound too high pitched with the guitar wood?

#Mincer : I'm really looking for a lot of growl in the bass, and a lot of low midrange I think, with a lot of definition, and also, especially to compensate for the lack of it in the alder guitar, maple quilted neck erable / ebony macassar fingerboard, I think that's what would be missing because otherwise it would be too clear, if I took a pickup focused on the treble.
    Well, then look at the Black Winter.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

#Mincer : Hi Mincer !

Thank you for helping me all the way !

I'm going to choose a black winter bridge pickup from seymour duncan, but then for this damn single pickup in neck position, I confess that it's still bothering me, I really don't have the material to make a single pickup a humbucker, and at a luthier it would cost me my ass skin !

So at this level it's still a bit vague unfortunately.

Comment

A single coil size that would pair well with the neck pickup would be the Hot Rails neck, but you'd need a new pickguard and to route out the size, I am guessing. But if you were going to do that, I'd just put a humbucker in there.
        If you end up with a Black Winter bridge, you wouldn't be using the neck pickup much anyway.

Comment

#Rex_Rocker: wouldn't the omega pickup sound too high pitched with the guitar wood?
          Honestly, I think it's too high pitched for any type of wood, personally, but Mark Holcomb seems to think otherwise. :P

Comment

ChatGPT says:

Seymour Duncan (SD) makes many high-quality pickups for the Telecaster guitar. Some popular options for metal-oriented playing include the:
            1. Seymour Duncan TB-14 Custom 5 - A high output single-coil pickup designed for aggressive playing styles.
            2. Seymour Duncan SH-6 Distortion - A humbucker pickup designed for high gain playing, such as metal and hard rock.
            3. Seymour Duncan TB-11 Custom - A versatile pickup that offers a warm, balanced tone with a slight mid-range bump.

It's important to keep in mind that pickups are just one part of your tone and the final sound will also depend on factors such as your amp, effects, and playing technique. It's recommended to try out a few pickups or get a professional's opinion before making a final decision.

Comment

1. Seymour Duncan TB-14 Custom 5 - A high output single-coil pickup designed for aggressive playing styles.

Comment

I was wondering who was going to pick up on that

Comment

Rex_Rocker : He love them a lot after all, that's the main good thing, and they seems pretty goods in lead and harmonics yay x)

And just out of curiosity, what kind of pickups overall would you use to achieve "supreme" clarity and note distinction?

Comment

Rex_Rocker : He love them a lot after all, that's the main good thing, and they seems pretty goods in lead and harmonics yay x)

And just out of curiosity, what kind of pickups overall would you use to achieve "supreme" clarity and note distinction?
                    The Full Shred set comes to mind.

Comment

Working...
                    X