Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SirJackdeFuzz II
    replied
    Do not forget the dark horse in the SD catalog : the 'almost' unloved Alt. 8.

A unique high output bridge humbucker (SH-15) featuring a custom wind and high-powered Alnico 8 magnet for ceramic-style clarity with Alnico warmth.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Originally posted by ProgMXCnerd70 View Post
    I installed it in a Peavey Rockmaster as my mod guitar and I’ve lowered the bass side a good amount, so could it just be my guitar?
    For what it's worth, and it sounds like you got your problem worked out, the Rockmaster is a 7/8 th's size body. I have one, with a Perpetual Burn, and love it.

Leave a comment:

• ToneFiddler
    replied
    Originally posted by Bandkpwf View Post
    Install nightmare! I got a pair of Blackouts and wouldn’t fit. I then grabbed the pair of Black Winters I got off Marketplace awhile back and just realized that the set isn’t a trembucker set. Does anyone know if the neck pickup is the same in the trembucker set and humbucker set?
    Neck is always the same spacing

Leave a comment:

• Bandkpwf
    replied
    Install nightmare! I got a pair of Blackouts and wouldn’t fit. I then grabbed the pair of Black Winters I got off Marketplace awhile back and just realized that the set isn’t a trembucker set. Does anyone know if the neck pickup is the same in the trembucker set and humbucker set?

Leave a comment:

• ProgMXCnerd70
    replied
    Turned out to be a setup issue. Low strings were way too high. Thank you all for your help!

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    a .047 cap is a very normal value for a tone cap. some people will use a .1 others will use a .022 or even .015, but .047 isnt uncommon at all

Leave a comment:

• ProgMXCnerd70
    replied
    I took a look into my control cavity and found that the guitar was wired with a .047 tone cap. Would that make a difference?

Leave a comment:

• Rex_Rocker
    replied
    Originally posted by xxxplorer View Post
    This post is making me want to try some black winters in my Les Paul Classic lmao.
    If you have the 500T in the Classic, then it's not worth the swap, IMO. I'm not saying they sound the same, but they're kind of in the same family of pickups, and I personally like the 500T just a tiny tiny bit better. The 500T is a little bit rawer and dirtier. The BW is a tad tighter and more mid-focused, but I wouldn't say it's a night and day difference.
    Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 03-19-2024, 04:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by xxxplorer View Post
    This post is making me want to try some black winters in my Les Paul Classic lmao.
    I am freaking loving it! My next move might be to have MJ wind me a gold-covered set of BWs to bring the guitar back to its original esthetics...but the sound, my friend, is out of this world.

Leave a comment:

• xxxplorer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ProgMXCnerd70
    replied
    Thanks for all the advice so far! The Rockmaster has the pickup pretty close to the bridge. I’m currently using 13-62 gauge strings and have previously used 11-56 gauge and still found the bass to be a problem. I do have a 7-string, but it’s also an entry level and has the same issue with the Bare Knuckle Impulse. I’m leaning more towards this being a cheap electronics issue, but I’ll have to test it out

Leave a comment:

• Chistopher
    replied
    It could also just be the drop A# tuning also. What string gauge are you using? Once you get into that low of a tuning, you have to consider more than just the pickups in your guitar. From your description in seems it might be time to experiment with a 7 string.

Leave a comment:

• Rex_Rocker
    replied
    Originally posted by ProgMXCnerd70 View Post
    Hey guys, got the Black Winter and installed it. I like it a lot, but I’m finding it to be pretty bassy. It seems to take a lot to get the percussive lows that I like. The mids are there, but the highs and lows seem muddy. I installed it in a Peavey Rockmaster as my mod guitar and I’ve lowered the bass side a good amount, so could it just be my guitar?
    Does the Rockmaster have the bridge pickup kinda faraway from the bridge?

The Black Winter is anything but bassy.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Could be the ax. I am not going to hash on your instrument, but a Rockmaster is a very entry-level budget guitar. The stolen tone could be the pots or anything between the pickups and the amp. The bridge and hardware could also be having a significant effect. I would try wiring the pickup directly to the jack and see what you get.

Leave a comment:

• ProgMXCnerd70
    replied
    Hey guys, got the Black Winter and installed it. I like it a lot, but I’m finding it to be pretty bassy. It seems to take a lot to get the percussive lows that I like. The mids are there, but the highs and lows seem muddy. I installed it in a Peavey Rockmaster as my mod guitar and I’ve lowered the bass side a good amount, so could it just be my guitar?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X