banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Custom help: How do you like it best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well tonight I picked up my new Goldtop Les Paul and plugged it into my X3 and the APH-1 sounds pretty good so far. I didn't try it with all my presets but so far it's performing quite well. Either the pickup or the guitar appears to sound brighter than my Explorer. I had to bring down the highs on my best sounding preset but that was easy enough. I like the sweet, warm and buttery sound of those A2 magnets.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      what are you not getting out of it that you were expecting? it should be warmer and have more push than the 78
      Here is a video of me playing three SD pickups: Lil 78, 78 model, Custom Custom

I raised the screws and lowered the pickup on the CC as Demanic suggested and I think that did the trick! So thank you.

I'm still open to any suggestions ( I love the way the 78 model sounds spongey if that makes sense).

I'm playing through a tube amp with reverb, I didn't change a thing between guitars.

PS: I'm wearing a EMG shirt ironically (I got it free). I love SD pickups!

Comment

Working...
      X