Tele neck pickup question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tele neck pickup question

What would be considered Seymour Duncan's brightest tele neck pickup?
    2018 Fender Shawbucker Deluxe (APH 2/APH 1)
    2019 Eastman T59v (Wolfetone Dr Vintage/Marshall Head)

It would probably be the Rhythm for Tele with Strat Tone.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I have an STR-1 in a project guitar which I took the cover off and replaced with a topless cover from Philly Luthier. I mainly did it for looks but I found that it opened up the sound a little and made it brighter. Definitely very bright for a Tele neck pickup.

Comment

most tele neck pups arent all that bright. the pup mincer mentions is a great pup. i remember crashing at evans pad and playing a tele of his with that pup for an hour or so, and i was very impressed

Comment

STR-1 is the brightest Duncan standard production model.
          If it's not bright enough you can disconnect the tone pot or change the cover to a nickel silver one (comes with brass cover). It's doable and i have done it too.
          i have it in a bright ash body and it's plenty bright. Sounds great. Too many Tele neck haters on the duncan forum.
          The dimarzio Twangking is even brighter but i prefer the duncan one in this guitar. it's wound a lil hotter (7.5k vs 6.2k) and maybe a different insulation type + wind.

Comment

Originally posted by ToneFiddler View Post
            Too many Tele neck haters on the duncan forum.

I've been in love with Teles for 20 years but I can't lie. The stock neck pickups are terrible lol. I've never heard one I liked. Modding it or swapping it is mandatory for me.

Comment

Working...
            X