Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humbucker to match tele neck.

Hello everyone,

I’m looking for suggestions for a bridge humbucker to go with the Vintage Tele Stack neck in a Tele build.

Welcome to the forum. Could you answer a couple of questions? Is the Tele bridge pickup going to be a standard Tele size or a classic humbucker size? And what kind of music do you play? Is there an artist you aspire to sound like?

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
      Welcome to the forum. Could you answer a couple of questions? Is the Tele bridge pickup going to be a standard Tele size or a classic humbucker size? And what kind of music do you play? Is there an artist you aspire to sound like?
      All this....

And by match do you mean hotness/output, or tone/twang, or both. Many like their bridges a little hotter, some the same, or occasionally a lot hotter.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I think a '59 would work well.

Comment

I’m looking for a trembucker sized pup as I have a vintage type tremolo installed. Output should be a little hotter but doesn’t have to scream. I mostly play praise and worship, which can run the gamut from rock to cleanish tones.

Comment

'59!

Comment

I have 59’s in other guitars. I like them but find they can be a bit bright on the upper notes and higher triad inversions. But, I also would like the bass notes and powers chords to stay crisp and not get muddy. Which it think the 59’s do well. Also, would like a little more push forward in the midrange as well. Oh, and through in the kitchen sink too. Am I asking too much.?

Comment

I put the question to SD and the tech suggested the High Voltage. The has an A2 mag, which I know will
                round off the highs and numb the midrange but I’m hesitant because my experience with A2’s is they can be a little loose in the bass.
                Last edited by Jrob1116; 01-13-2023, 09:51 PM.

Comment

When I think vintage and hot but not too hot, I think of the Whole Lotta Humbucker

Comment

Originally posted by Jrob1116 View Post
                    I put the question to SD and the tech suggested the High Voltage. The has an A2 mag, which I know will
                    round off the highs and numb the midrange but I’m hesitant because my experience with A2’s is they can be a little loose in the bass.
                    The High Voltage is a close neighbor of the Pearly Gates, also an A2, and it's not loose in the bottom end IME. The magnet alone doesn't determine everything.

Comment

Yeah, I can see the High Voltage working well, and if you like A2 magnets, the Alnico II Pro, the Slash, and even Custom Custom would work well.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Jrob1116 View Post
                        I’m looking for a trembucker sized pup as I have a vintage type tremolo installed. Output should be a little hotter but doesn’t have to scream. I mostly play praise and worship, which can run the gamut from rock to cleanish tones.

Screamin Demon would do the sparkly clean stuff well and still give you a good rock crunch and shouldn't overpower the neck if you keep it a little lower.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

The High Voltage is a close neighbor of the Pearly Gates, also an A2, and it's not loose in the bottom end IME. The magnet alone doesn't determine everything.
                          yes, it's not loose. i has not much bass to begin with. really great for a crunch sound.
                          Last edited by ToneFiddler; 01-16-2023, 04:16 AM.

Comment

patb3 would probably work great. little more push than the 59 with a less shrill top end and great clarity

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post

Screamin Demon would do the sparkly clean stuff well and still give you a good rock crunch and shouldn't overpower the neck if you keep it a little lower.
                              +12

I have it paired with Phat Cat in my T-style guitar for versatility.

Comment

Working...
                              X