Active Telecaster pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Telecaster pickups?

Is there anything that fits a Tele bridge position that sounds like an EMG 81/Fishman Fluence Modern or along those lines?

I have tried the Duncan Hot Rails, but it definitely doesn't fit that bill. Too passive-sounding and kinda dark and thuddy.

What about the EMG TC? Or are those meant to sound like single coils rather than humbuckers?

Anything out there? Or am going to route out my Esquire for a humbucker or sell it?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 01-15-2023, 04:01 PM.

You might just try a pedal after a passive pickup to boost the signal where you want it. Most Tele players like classic, passive sounds, so that is what the majority of the pickups are.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Maybe a red lace sensor for tele bridge? Wouldn’t be exactly an 81, but a hot vibe.
      might have to comb Reverb or the dreaded ‘bay, I don’t know it’s currently produced.
      that and a clapton mid-boost will give you some edge.

Comment

My Tele Plus has the Lace Tele set. The bridge works great for metal with the TS-boosted Revv preset on my HX Stomp, and it has less noise than anything. It doesn't exactly sound like an 81, but it feels great for riffing. If you heard me playing it, you'd think it was a humbucker.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

the EMGs are singleCoil voiced.

also not EMG81 voiced, but the BKP CobraT is your best bet for what you want.
          It' not just fat mids like the Hot rails, but really balanced with enough top end.

Another option would be to take any single coiled sized bucker like the JB jr. and cut off the ears and glue it on a plate to fit the tele mount. There is a documentation on youtube for that "mod"
          Last edited by ToneFiddler; 01-16-2023, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, man. I really wished they did something like a Lilī81 for Tele, LOL.

I have a Quarter Pound in there that sounds nice, and that surprisingly, it's the right output... it's jut not giving me the 81/Modern Ceramic kinda focus and tightness.

Gonna look into the Cobra!
            Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 01-16-2023, 11:58 AM.

Comment

How about an emg set with the exg midboost?

Comment

I have had great success pairing GFS Redactive pickups and Artec QTA 4-way boosters. https://www.guitarfetish.com/REDacti...eg_p_6692.html

Comment

Originally posted by Juanhanglo View Post
                  How about an emg set with the exg midboost?
                  the spc is the midboost, the exg is the treble/bass boost

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post

the spc is the midboost, the exg is the treble/bass boost
                    Oops, you're right.

Comment

Working...
                    X