banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strat Hot Rails bridge w/ neck and middle preference (USA 90’s Strat fan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strat Hot Rails bridge w/ neck and middle preference (USA 90’s Strat fan)

Looking forward to building an SSS with a Hot Rail Bridge and standard single style neck and middle Strat. Honestly I really dig the Factory Set in my 1999 American strat, what neck and middle would somewhat be around that sound (no hum preferred) Thanks!

STK-S4 would be Seymour's noiseless single coil to go with, or you could check out Dimarzio Areas. The Area 67 works well in neck and middle. Both sets might sound a little underpowered compared to the hot rails though, are you looking for something with more oomph than a traditional single coil?
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Yes, the Classic Stack would be my choice, and it is a fantastic pickup. It is my favorite single coil-sounding pickup, hum-cancelling or not.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Great and thanks for the response. What I think I will do is buy the Clsssic stack set for the neck and middle (rnrw wound) and then replace the bridge to the Hotrails. Would these be too incredibly different of a contrast? Thanks!

Comment

id wire the cs+/cs+/hr vintage style, so no tone control on the bridge pup so it stays brighter. should be a fine setup. people have been putting a hot rails in the bridge with stock single coils for years with good results. the hot rails is higher output, fatter, and darker than the singles but most people use the singles for cleaner tones and mild overdrive and the hr for more overdriven tones

Comment

Originally posted by Jpodesz View Post
            Great and thanks for the response. What I think I will do is buy the Clsssic stack set for the neck and middle (rnrw wound) and then replace the bridge to the Hotrails. Would these be too incredibly different of a contrast? Thanks!
            Lots of people use 2 single coil pickups with a humbucker, and this setup would be similar. You have the 2 Cassic Stacks for quacky, stratty stuff, and the Hot Rails for some serious punch for heavier rock.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The neck position picks up a lot more string movement than the bridge so tends to have more signal naturally anyway . . . so couple that with some careful pickup height adjustment and I think you could make the setup usable.
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
              X