SD 59/Hybrid & Antq II H'bucker??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD 59/Hybrid & Antq II H'bucker??

Not looking to poll the topic, or opine it, but simply the audible difference breakdown between the 2,,, mainly in the bridge pos. Just the facts, mame~ Thnx

Are we comparing the Hybrid to the Ant II mini humbucker?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The Antiquity (not 2) humbucker is clankville. I wouldn't get it unless you specifically want a clank as a tone or are going to turn up to fill it out. The hybrid is on the thinner side but has some substance to it so is a better option.
      Last edited by Clint 55; 01-23-2023, 04:57 PM.
      The things that you wanted
      I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
        The Antiquity (not 2) humbucker is clankville. I wouldn't get it unless you specifically want a clank as a tone or are going to turn up to fill it out. The hybrid is on the thinner side but has some substance to it so is a better option.
        You seem to perceive quite a few pickups as clanky. Is that because of the mids?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

BTW, I don't hear it is clanky. It is a pickup that translates your right hand into music. Very dynamic, and very clear & vintagy.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
            You seem to perceive quite a few pickups as clanky. Is that because of the mids?
            I mean thin and vintagey, lack of bass.
            Last edited by Clint 55; 01-23-2023, 08:28 PM.
            I bought them for you

Comment

The Antiquity humbuckers are not thin at all. In fact, they translate the sound of the guitar and the player very very well.

Comment

The op was talking about bridge position so that's what I meant. The neck pup is quite warm, the bridge is their thinnest humbucker. Vintage wind with a cover and degaussed A2. It's super vintagey. If that's what someone is going for all good, but should probably warn them because they're marketed and touted as rich.
                I bought them for you

Comment

I mean thin and vintagey, lack of bass.
                  So, lots mids. That's the clank.

Comment

It's the thinness and lack of bass, with metallic top. But all bridge pickups have a metallic top. So thin low powered bridge pickup = automatic clank.
                    I bought them for you

Comment

It's the thinness and lack of bass, with metallic top. But all bridge pickups have a metallic top. So thin low powered bridge pickup = automatic clank.
                      Metallic? Oh you mean bright.

Comment

i dont hear the antiquity humbucker as thin. i like them a lot and have them in a few guitars. they are low output and very vintage sounding, bright maybe, but not thin. it all depends on your perspective though, if youre used to a distortion then almost all vintage output pups are going to be thin sounding

Comment

Yeah it‘s all relative. if I switch from a vintage style single to a Vintage style humbucker they do sound fat and kind of muddy. If I start the other way round I don‘t find the humbuckers fat and muddy…

Comment

I went from hot pickups in everything then gradually adding some vintage ones. My Squire Strat has vintage wound A3 singles in the neck and bridge. There's a vintage wind A5 in the middle. And my Shecter Blackjack now has the Fuglies in it, and they're wound ~8k with A2's. It's nice to have different options for sound, especially when they all sound good.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                              i dont hear the antiquity humbucker as thin. i like them a lot and have them in a few guitars. they are low output and very vintage sounding, bright maybe, but not thin. it all depends on your perspective though, if youre used to a distortion then almost all vintage output pups are going to be thin sounding
                              The bridge Ant is the thinnest hb in their line. Up to the guitarist if that is desirable or not.
                              Last edited by Clint 55; 01-24-2023, 05:14 PM.
                              I bought them for you

Comment

Working...
                              X